SAU Community

R32 Gtr Coilovers Please Help Need Opinion

Hi all,

I'm currently buliding a R32 GTR for track work no rego etc. it is not running and in stripped down condition for seam welding and cage etc.

I need a little guidance on what coilovers i should use.

what i have are 2 sets in my parts collection to chose from to get the car strarted.

first are a set of TEIN super streets these are pretty much brand new.

and the other are a set of Racing gear JTC N1 and are little older but look in good condition.

I need to pick one set and sell the others i may upgrade later but first need to use what I have.

My car will pretty much be used for super sprints and hill climbs.

Grant, Count Grantleyish on here had them in his 33R. The rears are still in the car and I have the fronts cus apparently they felt too soft, that all comes down to personal opinion.

They look like great quality bits of gear and should be pretty decent for trackwork.

Do yours have Pillow ball uper mounts? If not grabbing a set of cusco's etc should make them feel a lot better.

Guys tryn to find out if im wasting my time using these

There are a huge number of factors affecting your suspension set up. It is never a case of throwing a set of springs/shocks at the car & thinking it job done.

If you are even half serious about it you will be spending a bundle of time getting it right & doubtless a bundle of money aswell.

Pick whicever one the spring rates suit you. You will end up changing stuff anyway.

Thebest option really is to hang onto both sets and try them out, work out what suits your needs better and flog off the other set. Maybe even try driving some mates cars etc with different setups and build your car from your own experience with products rather than people on the internet's opinions.

As Michael said, I had them on my previous 33R.

Very stiff for street, they really do make it handle amazing. Unfortunately, I killed front pair by driving it into a pothole, which is real shame cos they're really nice coilovers to use if you like stiff ride which I do, they could benefit with pillowball mounts as Michael said for direct ride feeling and shave 2 inches off the ride height if necessary.

Out of curiosity, what sort of tops do you have on yours?

Pretty sure mine are the ball type on the top have a swivel section in the top the car also has adjustabe everything. Camber castor toe swaybar links all front and back. Red springs in mine they look impressive. I'm amiming for times around 1:05-7 at wakie gtr will have 330wks racing brakes semi slicks.