SAU Community

Could You Run Bov Setup On Hotside Of Rb26 Intercooler?

Hey Guys, as above, Can i run a blow off valve setup off the hot side of the cooler setup on a 26 rather than the cold side. Installed a 26 in my R33 Gtst, and am having problems with the bov return pipes.

Would make life easier if i could run BOV's on the hot side and get them plumbed in there too..

Whats your Say on this guys?

Cheers

I was running a vented BOV on the hot side, right infront of the turbo actually. I took it off the same day I fitted it on, mainly because I hate vented BOV's. It worked just fine. Plumbing back a BOV back onto the hot side hmmm kind of sounds weird to me but that would be very interesting...

I dont see why not. Its doing the same job regardless.

Just seems like most BOV are as close to the TB as possible.

I have seen a GTR with custom bov return. They just made a pretty stainless pipe up that went between the head and the radiator. Looked good. Cant seem to find the picture anywhere though

I was running a vented BOV on the hot side, right infront of the turbo actually. I took it off the same day I fitted it on, mainly because I hate vented BOV's. It worked just fine. Plumbing back a BOV back onto the hot side hmmm kind of sounds weird to me but that would be very interesting...

In short: "I installed a bov and then I took it off on the same day, because I hate bov's"

Some people have weird ways of passing time..

OP, you can run it on the hot side its fine. In theory the closer it is to the throttle the better but I've never had a problem with it on the hot side and many brand name parts come in a kit on the hot side. Whatever really..

Just had this debate. I reckon nearer the turbo rather than nearer the throttle body but where ever it is I suspect makes very little difference. Some people have it on the hot side some on the cold side some manufacturers stick it on the intercooler so what ever suits your needs or tastes will be fine.

I dont see why not. Its doing the same job regardless.

Just seems like most BOV are as close to the TB as possible.

I have seen a GTR with custom bov return. They just made a pretty stainless pipe up that went between the head and the radiator. Looked good. Cant seem to find the picture anywhere though

This one?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=110483

Tried to embed but I'm on my iPhone and it's all too hard.

In short: "I installed a bov and then I took it off on the same day, because I hate bov's"

Some people have weird ways of passing time..

OP, you can run it on the hot side its fine. In theory the closer it is to the throttle the better but I've never had a problem with it on the hot side and many brand name parts come in a kit on the hot side. Whatever really..

Some guy gave it to me, it came welded onto the standard hot pipe to be a direct replacement into the R33. He said they don't sound like the other high pitch BOV's. I tried it out, didn't like it, sold it lol. Turbosmart, turbofart.

Some guy gave it to me, it came welded onto the standard hot pipe to be a direct replacement into the R33. He said they don't sound like the other high pitch BOV's. I tried it out, didn't like it, sold it lol. Turbosmart, turbofart.

Was it the 'rattle snake' one? I like that one better than most but still not a fan of atmo's.

In my case it's stock GTR or nothing.

Plumbing back a BOV back onto the hot side hmmm kind of sounds weird to me but that would be very interesting...

Its taken me a while to get what you're saying but I don't think (hope not) that the OP is planning to plumb the bov back into the hot intercooler pipe but into the turbo intake on that side of the engine!

It would work but maybe not as well as just before the throttle body, may get a bit of reversion.

When I went forward facing plenum in my 32gtst (custom setup, not GReddy so didn't go through the battery tray), I fitted a full 32GTR cooler/piping/bov/recirc setup. Really nice solution!

With the 34 I will do the same but just run 2" pipe straight across instead of the molded plastic GTR recirc pipe :thumbsup: