SAU Community

R32 Gtr Stalling On Idle After Rev

Travis32

Gday i have a 32 gtr and it has a stalling problem.Since the car ran normal we've changed plenum fuel rail and reg.Its a sard reg and dual entry rail.

I been pullin my hair out over this thing

ive check for vacuum leaks

adjusted fuel pressure with out vacuum line to 43psi

adjusted blow off valve

done boost meisters fuel pump earthing trick

changed plugs

cleaned afms

checked cooler pipes for leaks or splits etc

disconnected o2 sensors

played with tps

this sard reg is abit queer pressures jump all over the joint,Ive adjusted the pressures to many times so im thinkin fuel reg f***ed?I dunno lol anyone with any info can u plz help me

doesnt matter if its in the garage free rev drop the rev straight of wants to stall til it seems like it gathers fuel pressure again

i took it for a drive was ok through the rev range til i back off to slow for intersection and stalling again

anyone plz help desparate over here

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you've got a fuel pressure gauge. Why not free rev the car and watch your gauge, see if the pressure is falling. I'm going to say either dirty aac/iacv, worn gasket, vacuum/manifold leak. Do a pressure test on the intake then the manifold. Do you hear any hissing sounds in the engine bay on idle? How much vacuum does your car idle on?

Because regardless if it stalled or not, running a atmo BOV on a airflow metered system is just plain stupid.

Let me guess, you did it for "the sound"

I'm guessing that you didn't even need to upgrade the FPR or the fuel rail?

Because regardless if it stalled or not, running a atmo BOV on a airflow metered system is just plain stupid.

Let me guess, you did it for "the sound"

I'm guessing that you didn't even need to upgrade the FPR or the fuel rail?

and why is it plain stupid oh wise one,i ask for help not bullshit mate so with all do respect keep ya non helpful shit to urself if u have any positive feed back then i greatly appreciate it

I'm assuming you've got a fuel pressure gauge. Why not free rev the car and watch your gauge, see if the pressure is falling. I'm going to say either dirty aac/iacv, worn gasket, vacuum/manifold leak. Do a pressure test on the intake then the manifold. Do you hear any hissing sounds in the engine bay on idle? How much vacuum does your car idle on?

yeah mate got a gauge,which gasket u say on iacv or manifold.Ive checked manifold with wd40 and no hissing at all from then engine bay on idle.Can we remove this iacv with removing the plenum?

oh n thanks for your positive feed back man

Why is it stupid? I'll explain it for the 10,000th time. Yes, its been answered about 10,000 times.

I've actually got a copy and paste space where this is. Read on.

I love these threads.

You love the noise - and put the BOV on the car to be a wanker. Its scientifically proven that if you're a wanker, the first thing you do when you buy a Skyline is install a vent to atmosphere blow off valve, to advertise the fact that you are indeed, a wanker.

Do you even know how the Nissan air intake system works? There is an AFM that measures the air entering the engine. The Stock BOV recirculates FOR A REASON. When your duck whistle, twisty whooshy twirly, dick pulling, sparkly, spinny, shiny, noisy, fuleh sic, wank off valve opens, it dumps air that the engine has measured and allocated fuel for. When only half the air gets into the cylinder because the air it measured is at the street corner where you sped up erratically and backed off because you saw some women on the corner, thinking that when they heard your BOV they'd get naked and run and dive into your car, the engine is now overfueled and under oxygenated, and stalls, backfires, and carries on. You know why? Because you've created a MASSIVE AIRLEAK on a system that will not run with airleaks.

Do you like that fact that you will foul your plugs constantly?

Do you also like attracting the cops attention?

Do you like the risk of being defected and having to pay money for a BOV that didn't need to be there?

Do you like the fact that you are just making skylines more hated? (And don't worry, its almost a guarantee that you'll drive through the main street of town making it release "because you like the wank off sound")

Do you like it how women love the sound, get naked and dive into your car as you drive past?

Do you think SAU will be happy about another "My car is running rough, I only installed a duck whistle, twisty whooshy twirly, dick pulling, sparkly fuleh sic wank off valve" thread

They should create a database script that bans people that install BOVs "just for the sound" or complain when their car runs rough...

I'm was running 300rwkw and had the stock BOV.

Good luck with it though.

Edited by The Mafia

P.S. I'm a tuner.

And I refuse to properly help someone complaining about a stall problem when they have a ATMO bov. Its an airleak. Just like pulling a hose off and leaving it off. Except it only leaks air when you back off the throttle.

I just love pointing it out to people who have no clue of this air measurement system and post countless threads on SAU.

so as stated b4 you copy n paste a hole load of shit to my urself feel good.CAR RAN PERFECT WITH ATMO BOV FOR 2 YRS B4 FUEL UPGRADE.Your car ran 300kw at the wheels congrats would u like a medal now serioulsy mate lets try get to the real reason the car is runnin like poo

and one other thing. Sard FPRs are crap. I refuse to tune any car with one attached.

Get something quality.

also if u know its the reg

why didnt u just say soand what would u recommend

Edited by Travis32

also if u know its the reg

why didnt u just say soand what would u recommend

Becuase I posted this before:

P.S. I'm a tuner.

And I refuse to properly help someone complaining about a stall problem when they have a ATMO bov. Its an airleak. Just like pulling a hose off and leaving it off. Except it only leaks air when you back off the throttle.

I just love pointing it out to people who have no clue of this air measurement system and post countless threads on SAU.

Problem would have always been there - You've just made it worse by adding more factors in, like a crap FPR.

so really if the problem has always been there why did the car run perfect for so long mate.Give a decent answer this time

p.s where do u tune and who do u work for so i can come get my car tuned by the most knowledgeable guy .... in the world.

Edited by Travis32

I'm not even going to bother feeding your ignorance.

AFM measures the air.

BOV dumps it.

ECU injects the amount of fuel required to amount of air measured.

A lot less air than amount measured gets into the cylinder due to being dumped for a "cool sound".

Too much fuel.

Car has rich condition.

Car stalls \ fouls plugs \ doesn't behave properly.

BOVs only open and dump air when you back off the throttle. You're having a stalling problem when you back off the throttle, correct?

By f**king around with the fuel system, adding most likely not needed and a crap quality FPR, you've made all running conditions worse.

Good luck having no clue and being an ignorant dickhead.

aaaaaannnddddddd *drumroll*

You answered your own question.

So, eat a dick.

But as I said, I refuse to properly help someone complaining about a stalling problem with an ATMO bov. I don't even care if that isn't the problem. 99% of the time, it is aggravating it.

this sard reg is abit queer pressures jump all over the joint,Ive adjusted the pressures to many times so im thinkin fuel reg f***ed?I dunno lol anyone with any info can u plz help me