SAU Community

R32 Gtr Stalling On Idle After Rev

Travis32

Just what I have in mind mate the stock platic pipe is still there, I'm looking into buy the flange adaptor from eby for the HKS SSQ bov, I'll make a pipe to link to to of them and return it to the bock off spot on the greedy y pipe, s it looks like someone blocked it in.

I spoke to friend that contacted Jim wolf the Nissan guy, and was managed to tune a r32 ecu nd get arond this, I have know idea what they did but the car is running atom bov's and it a beast running 1.9 bars no rich problems surging or anything like that.

Still willing to send money for real personal help even if I learn about something else.

Thanks mate besides all these critics say you make sense, and it speaks about there tuning logic in there heads. Light bulbs should be going on but the fuse is blown. Lol thanks again mate, I can't believe I never even thought of this. It was similar to my GTST it did it to but not as bad and I isolated the cell and pulled the fuel out and the self learning idle did the rest but seeing that the GTR is 2 times the car, two time the bov's gates, 2 tme the simtoms.

I'm working on it and will update the post and have a video to show the the guys with the blown fuse.

Edited by MJTru

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't understand why Plumb back BOVs are essential for AFM sensing ECUs, sell your car and buy a push bike.

f**k, its not rocket science.

I don't care how many people have cars that have ATMO and AFMS and "apparently work" because the logs and AFRs will show otherwise.

Has anyone ever done back to back test on dyno to prove that stocker are better than vented?

Good question, I for one would like to see results.

CRD removed my old trumpet HKS Bovs off my GTR, which i noticed no issue with, and replaced with OEM (running AFM's at that time)

330kws. I had ESP replace the E11v2 with a Platinum Pro 2000 now running MAFless and still running the stock BOVs

350kws

I loved the noise of the HKS SSQV Bov on my 32 GTS-t with 2530. When I sold that I grew up. and now when I hear the fluttter I silently think wanker.

Different strokes for different folks

Back on topic. Was the issue resolved Travis/Jez ?

I'm not one for tuners saying "what you have is shit" striaght up. Thats just me.

CRD said take em off. They were my tuners so I listend.

just stick some 35 afm on it problem solved

An R53 AFM will still be metering air that has been ingested by the engine and then dumped without it's knowledge. Unless you can run an afm on the BOV to subtract fuel, or go map like anyone with a brain does, you will have issues.

just stick em on the hot side after the bov's and retune to suit if you really want to run am bov's

It will still read negative airflow, I fitted mine in backwards accidentally and noticed it runs under 1v instead of over. It just make it harder to tune costing more coin. The stock bov, with or without a grub screw in the bypass hole is usually the best option with any afm.

hmmm hows it read negative if the air hasn't got to yet it yet before its vented

airfilter--------------turbos--------------bov--------------------35 gtr afms------intercooler--------plenum

Obviously know nothing about air displacement?

If there is a sudden vacuum behind the afm, the air is going to move that way isn't it... Meaning moving backwards through the AFM.. Can't be good for the readings can it?

Try fitting it backwards then, it will read less than 1 volt I guarantee. One way sensor my arse. They are better I admit but not magical in any way, and nowhere near as reliable.

have a look at the inside of the sensor were the hot wire is it's in the middle of a u shaped wall so air can only enter one way

mounted backwards I'd guess they'd only read anything when the valves open

regardless its a lot of work just to run am bov's to atmosphere but if the guys really really keen its something to try

post-15018-0-22085200-1358665322_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1400r

That's actually pretty clever.

FWIW, that will still read an air flow with reverse flow in the pipe, because as air flows backwards past the discharge port, there are two possibilities, depending on how the pressures balance out. First possibility is it would place a small suction (basically by venturi effect) on the discharge, and suck a little air through. The second possibility is that the suction on the normal entry port would be greater (because it's facing backwards in the flow it is equivalent to reading the inverse of velocity pressure) and you'd still get a flow across the sensor, just in reverse. Either way, the magnitude of the measurement would be much smaller than the actual flow, so probably pretty good at isolating reverse flow effects.

Edited by GTSBoy