SAU Community

Looks Like I Have Just Bought One.

ossie cossie

OK it looks like i have just bought one, my questions are going to start. Firstly it is from interstate. Does it have a spare wheel and tyre? space saver or other? secondly how much fuel does the tank hold, how far on average can you go on a tank full. the reason i ask is i may decide to drive it across OZ to WA . ROAD TRIP.

Thanks.

Tony.

OK it looks like i have just bought one, my questions are going to start. Firstly it is from interstate. Does it have a spare wheel and tyre? space saver or other? secondly how much fuel does the tank hold, how far on average can you go on a tank full. the reason i ask is i may decide to drive it across OZ to WA . ROAD TRIP.

Thanks.

Tony.

Congratulations on your new R, the 2012 was worth the wait. In all honesty I would employ the services of a car carrying company to bring it over, preferably in a fully enclosed cartainer. No it does not come with a spare wheel, run flats are standard. Tank holds 70 litres, how far you will go on that depends on your right foot. You could get as much as 500kms from a tank but I've seen as less as 140Kms to tank. It's an amazing piece of engineering enjoy it.

Edited by Burger Ring

Congrats on your purchase.

CEVA logistics would be an option if you wanted to get it sent over on the back of a truck.

They can get it on with hydrolics and its in an enclosed box the whole way.

Save the wear and tear, stone chips, added KM - etc.

Another freight option is the RV transport companies like openica logistics.

The Perth caravan show is on soon & lots of trucks will be running across with

vans on. If you can jag one that has 2 small ones on & they have room for a car as well

you might get a good price.

I bought my new R35 from Sydney & drove it back myself to Adelaide.

After having this R35 for 8 months, that is still the best drive I have had in it so far!

Definately got more chips/bugs than if it had been on a truck though!

Decided to drive it back, going to take a couple of days to do it, maybe the coast road NSW and Vic, then a blast accross the nullabour.

Enjoy the drive, I just hope you still have a license when you get back to WA! Watch those aerial patrols, they are the killers. Maybe you should invest in some counter measures before you start your journey.

To save some of the wear and tear -

post-86021-0-88737100-1330599344_thumb.jpg

do you honestly think sticky tape that is thinner than paper will stop stone chips when specifically designed clear bra needs to be around 8mm thick

ossie when I drove to willall in Adelaide I wrapped the entire front and sides with clear bra. I bought the material and lay it down with a mate ourselves, was messy in sections but didn't matter as it came off as soon as I got back

Edited by domino_z

do you honestly think sticky tape that is thinner than paper will stop stone chips when specifically designed clear bra needs to be around 8mm thick

ossie when I drove to willall in Adelaide I wrapped the entire front and sides with clear bra. I bought the material and lay it down with a mate ourselves, was messy in sections but didn't matter as it came off as soon as I got back

I wouldnt use standard sticky / duct / electrical tape, your right - that wouldnt do anything.

However in the picture I found on google, that looks like cloth tape to me.

I used CEVA to get my new 2010 from Magic Nissan in Perth to Brisbane. Could not have been happier. IMO, I'd rather truck it than drive it across the bottom end.. just sayin :P oh and congrats on your purchase! :thumbsup: