SAU Community

Looks Like I Have Just Bought One.

ossie cossie

I wouldnt use standard sticky / duct / electrical tape, your right - that wouldnt do anything.

However in the picture I found on google, that looks like cloth tape to me.

It's 3m blue painters masking tape. All the ricers use it because it doesn't leave any residue behind and they think it looks cool

I use it for masking off panels when polishing

Reality is clear sticky tape would offer more resistance - simple test, try pushing a ball point through plastic based sticky tape vs paper based masking tape

Edited by domino_z

It's 3m blue painters masking tape. All the ricers use it because it doesn't leave any residue behind and they think it looks cool

Reality is clear sticky tape would offer more resistance - simple test, try pushing a ball point through plastic based sticky tape vs paper based masking tape

Yeah judging by the colour, it probably is that 3M tape actually, now you mention it.

Thats the same tape I use when polishing. Very thin - wouldnt do sh*t for your bumpers!

So how does a bidding war work?

Did you deal with the people bidding or with the owner, because i sure as hell wouldnt trust myself from getting greedy when selling a car if i had more than buyer interested :)

I'm not suggesting that a war happened in your case ossie but could not a seller co-opt the help of a phantom bidder when a seller advertises "bids over such & such"?

Easy to do?

Congrats on a sensational motor vehicle - one of the world's best!

Wrong.

Congrats on your purchase. Definitely a good a buy with those KLM's if the car is immaculate. Thanks for letting us know what you paid too, certainly is a very helpful guide. When you look at some of the other cars there for sale, they really are dreaming for what they're asking. As has been said before on this forum 'the market decides'.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the purchase,

But for those taping up their cars to stop chips etc... for the love of god, at least get it done using a decent product.

Yes it costs a little more than a roll or 2 of tape, but you can barely see it for one, and it should last for years, and WILL actually stop stone chips, and even minor scratches/scrapes.

We use 3M scotchguard paint protection film. See below. (FYI this image isn't my own)

384712_215961441814801_100002028414598_508191_895571087_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just finished fitting a tracker and anti hijack device to the new toy. All works good tracking in realtime on Google maps and remote shutdown.

Can you PM me details of the tracker? I'm very interested!

• 2 weeks later...