SAU Community

Rb26 Swap Into Stagea

bigman19

Hi guys my name is mark i am doing rb26 conversion on my rs4 stagea after the rb25 let got its all ready manual i have everything ready to go in but the one problem i am having is cant seem to find any help on wiring the rb26 loom, i have a loom form 97 gtr has almost matching plug to go in car but i have one in issue there is a smaller plug on the stagea engine loom which i have stripped bk got ref to what they do sort, off but not sure what to cut and change on the gtr loom i really want the stagea on the rd have looked at one which our chairman owns but short of taking is car apart cant see how they have done.

As we dont have many gtr powered stagea in the uk any help you guys could give me would be very helpfull thanks guys mark from uk...

if you have the RB26 engine loom and ecu then you should be fine. Plug it in and fire it up - should soon see if anything is missing. To change the loom you will have to pull out the aircond fan on one side and posibly the abs stuff on the other.

The GTR ecu should be 23710-24U00or 2371M - 24U00. Do you have one?

If you don't here's one that should work:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/nissan/ecus/auction-453346162.htm

If you need it I can snd you the Stagea pinouts but really you need to use the GTR ecu.

hi yes i have a mines ecu from r33 gtr i don't suppose any one would have wiring diagram for the stagea so can try and match it up with gtr loom as have wiring diagram for that, i have unpicked stagea loom for abs side but on the gtr loom they are well different only thing holding me up now......regards mark..............

I don't quite understand what your question is. You have the GTR engine loom installed in your car? All the correct wires for the sensors, injectors, afms etc should simply connect. At the other end inside the kick panel you remove the Stagea ecu and install the GTR ecu and plug it in. Car should go. Are you trying to run the GTR ecu with the RS4T loom?

BTW unless the Mines ecu came with the engine you bought (or even if it did) you will need to stick your car on a dyno to check timing, afrs etc as the Mines ecu might not be right for your set up.

Let me know what wiring diagram you are talking about. I have a Stagea workshop manual (in Japanese but the diagrams can be understood). I can give you the pinouts for the RS4T ecu. But as I say I am at a bit of a loss to understand just what your problem is. Please try to provide a little more detail!

hi sorry no i dont have any loom in the car i stripped out the stagea engine loom, to swap for r33gtr loom but i have to swap plugs over from one loom to the other i will take some pics so you can see were my problems is i also will be getting it mapped once the loom is sorted i be dropping lump in the car ......................then it will be going to local place for them to set it up...

If you have installed the GTR loom than one end should plug into the GTR ecu and the other end wires go to the various sensors (knock, temperature etc) afms, injectors, CAS etc -what plugs do you want to swap?

Have you told the workshop who is going to set up your engine that you have a Mines ecu? I doubt that anyone in the UK has the ability to tune a Mines ecu ( I could be wrong). In that case you would be better to rip the insides out and replace with a Link ecu or get an Apexi PFC.

BTW if you are going to post some pics it is probably easier to use something like Photobucket to get them on this site. I will attempt to attach the Stagea RS4T pinout chart just to show that it is not suitable for an RB26DETT.And below is a pinout chart for the RB26DETT

WGC34_Series_1_-_STAGEA_RB25DET_Auto_ECU_Pinout translated.xls

Pinouts -nissan-rb26dett.pdf

There are several changes you need to make and to get everything working as it should will depend on the rs4 ecu that you have. There were 3 ecu's used on the rs4 all have minor changes in pinouts the problem is nobody knows what ecu was used when the translated pinout was made so I suggest you probe out all pins on the 2 harness plugs before you change them just to confirm the diagram is correct. Don't plug the loom in as suggested, you will blow fuses and relays, test the pinouts first then you will see what needs changing its far too much to remember for me but from memory you will need to change the following.

• ABS harness
  • injector resistor power supply (do you have it?)
  • ECCS relay power (12v bat)
  • ECU earth
  • IGN/START
  • Fuel Pump power

That should get it running, probe the RS4 harness for these then swap out the pins or make a few cuts & joins on the 2 harness plugs on the gtr loom after you swap out the abs loom for the rs4 loom make sure you get the tps signal for abs/altessa. Lot more difficult than what is suggested.

Good luck.