SAU Community

2RISMO smashes into the 11's

R31Nismoid:  See above.  I think you're getting confused with nitrous oxide's tendency to reduce inlet temps.  It does quite the opposite to the exhaust gases, increasing them dramatically.

I'm wondering how the exhaust wheel is holding up too but now it doesn't really concern me as I have achieved what I set out to with it :rant:

I wasnt confused, just didnt know what it was like on the 'out' as opposed to the 'in' (which i know) :cheers:

You must have one freak of a turbo! :rant:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have one freak of a turbo!

I can't see why?!?! It gets operated at 1.0 bar for 11 seconds (if that) at hotter than normal temps and then has plenty of time to cool down. It makes no more power without gas than any other std turbo running at this boost level (195kw) so I guess I'm just lucky.

LOL brett hasnt hired you for launchin classes yet ? : Þ

No cos he knows i'm an arsey prick! lol .... I might never be able to manage a 1.6 again. More gas and 1.7's though.....there's a thing :rant:

Adrian

I was giving Adrian tips

yeah...*cough*....right....fcker!

lol

Brett's tips are the best......

"Try this time....you know...instead of....the other way....try...ya get me?"

heheh :(

Adrian

I think adrian's motor will be ok considering my old one was not seemingly effected at all and was running quite a bit more gas.

You can run a 10 without a cage once. Then they kick you off till you put one in.

Thanks for the reply!

Certainly am... I didn't think it was possible for the GTST's to get under a 1.8 60ft time without slicks! :D

As said before - well done and a great time!

So is there anything else coming on the car (more NOS perhaps)? :D

Cheers,

matt

There. Happy now? :D

Adrian

I can't see why?!?!  It gets operated at 1.0 bar for 11 seconds (if that) at hotter than normal temps and then has plenty of time to cool down.  It makes no more power without gas than any other std turbo running at this boost level (195kw) so I guess I'm just lucky.

Yeah, true point.

I guess as long as you give it ample time to cool and dont go back out for another quick successive run it probably would last a while!

Congrats on the times adrian :)

it's good to see someone's taking a different approach than most! and big congrats on the 60 footer, 1.6's on a street car is awesome :)

it'll be interesting to see how the bottom end holds out with some increasingly bigger shots :)