SAU Community

We Had Pies! At Robertson!

Tangleberry

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murphy's Law

1) If you get a puncture, what's a bet it'll be on the most expensive tyre in the convoy, like a Pirelli P-Zero

2) If you're offered a "Flat-Out" pressurised tyre repair, what's a bet the rubberised fluid comes straight back out the puncture hole?

3) If you take your space saver out to save weight, what's a bet you'll need it?

4) If you lend out your jack, what's a bet it won't get returned?

5) If you've just had a paint job, what's a bet the panelbeater keeps the lock nut socket accidentally?

6) If you're in a hurry to use a loaned jack, what's a bet you'll jack up the car in the wrong spot?

7) If you remove the wheel to put on a loaned space saver, what's a bet the space saver wobbles down the road because the hubcentric ring hasn't been removed?

8) After finally getting onto Tyrepower Dapto and they'll say they'll be there at 3.10pm, what's a bet they're closed when you arrive?

Dear Oh Dear > Poor Owen :huh:

Terry-184.jpg

Terry-185.jpg

Terry-186.jpg

Terry-187.jpg

Terry-188.jpg

Terry-193.jpg

A whole herd of SAU members > Tyrepower Dapto come to the rescue > Owen's on his way by 3.30 :wub:

And I know how Owen feels, because my LMGT4 rim cracked last month, and Terry didn't have a space saver then either did he? >_<

Terry sincere thanks to Steve-0 (N1GTR) + Simon (O2 Autosports Nowra) + Nigel (One Spot Wheel Repair Unanderra) + Genelle (Humbla)

Hi Guys (and gals),

Just wanted to say what an awesome time I had on the cruise on Sunday. It was my first one with SAU and thought it was a blast. Thanks for being so accommodating to have a (nearly) stock 22 yr old BMW along for drive - I enjoyed getting the old girl to wag her tail. It was an awesome sight seeing all those suberb Skylines ready for the drive up the pass. However, I didn't see them for long - you all buggered off on me hahaha :rofl2: . Can't wait for my M engine and gearbox conversion (when the boss allows it). I will post pictures when I figure out how to do it. I hope to come along another time.

Cheers

Brad

Hi Guys (and gals),

Just wanted to say what an awesome time I had on the cruise on Sunday. It was my first one with SAU and thought it was a blast. Thanks for being so accommodating to have a (nearly) stock 22 yr old BMW along for drive - I enjoyed getting the old girl to wag her tail. It was an awesome sight seeing all those suberb Skylines ready for the drive up the pass. However, I didn't see them for long - you all buggered off on me hahaha :rofl2: . Can't wait for my M engine and gearbox conversion (when the boss allows it). I will post pictures when I figure out how to do it. I hope to come along another time.

Cheers

Brad

Hey Brad,

I had a quick look at your bimmer - it looks great mate, was good to see it on the day; it's always good to have some variety!

So an S38 motor from an M5 then? :) The E39 M5 rims look great on the car btw.

I will have to bring out my Bimmer to keep yours company the next time there's a meet up :P

Can't wait for my M engine and gearbox conversion (when the boss allows it). I will post pictures when I figure out how to do it. I hope to come along another time.

Just do it.

It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than permission....

great photos spew i cauldnt come on the cruise maybe next time looking forward to driving the 31 around some windy roads see how it handles but came to the meet at kfc and some awesome gtr's never seen so many r34's

good stuff.

I used to have an R31 Silhouette.

Sold it with 193000kms in 94.

Totally trouble free. Bring yours next time eh?

Enjoy that Pic of yours - I wondered where it went!

1331690229[/url]' post='6273786']

Hey Brad,

I had a quick look at your bimmer - it looks great mate, was good to see it on the day; it's always good to have some variety!

I will have to bring out my Bimmer to keep yours company the next time there's a meet up :P

Thanks Matt.

Yeah S38 is my choice but also considering S54 or S62. There are more S54's available. Current rims are good but only 17s. Goal is staggered 18s.

Am always interested in seeing more Bimmers.

Edited by NISMO Fan

Am always interested in seeing more Bimmers.

Why not? > 3x Black Bimmers :thumbsup:

Stay in touch!

BTW, there's nothing more intimidating than being chased by two pairs of angel eyes up one's ass hehe...

1331690229[/url]' post='6273786']

Hey Brad,

Mate I think there'd be a few very disappointed souls if you left your Nur at home - I'd be one of them. Stunning car mate.

1331728405[/url]' post='6274755']

Why not? > 3x Black Bimmers :thumbsup:

Stay in touch!

BTW, there's nothing more intimidating than being chased by two pairs of angel eyes up one's ass hehe...

Agreed:-). Best looking headlights available. They too are on my mod list.

Mate I think there'd be a few very disappointed souls if you left your Nur at home - I'd be one of them. Stunning car mate.

Thanks mate. :cheers: S54 would be a great option I would think, and as you say there'd be plenty available compared with the S62 or S38 I would have thought. Plus it would retain the six-cylinder theme of the E34 M5. an M- V8'd E34 would be awesome though :)

M Parallels are the go I reckon:

e34-euro-m5.jpg

I was looking for these for my E38 but I'm pretty happy with the style 69s that are on the car at the moment. Same fitment, 8" front, 9.5" rear.

Plenty of Mpar's available overseas it seems, but postage is ridiculous.

Matt

Edited by God_speed

Thanks mate. :cheers: S54 would be a great option I would think, and as you say there'd be plenty available compared with the S62 or S38 I would have thought. Plus it would retain the six-cylinder theme of the E34 M5. an M- V8'd E34 would be awesome though :)

M Parallels are the go I reckon:

e34-euro-m5.jpg

I was looking for these for my E38 but I'm pretty happy with the style 69s that are on the car at the moment. Same fitment, 8" front, 9.5" rear.

Plenty of Mpar's available overseas it seems, but postage is ridiculous.

Matt

Yep, M Para's are in the top 3, along with Rondell 58s and the ultimate (at 2K a pop) AC Schnitzer Type II Racing (in 19s).

Rondell 58s

post-82467-0-23886800-1331787488_thumb.jpg

AC Schnitzer

post-82467-0-38545800-1331787577_thumb.jpg

Any idea on the cost of shipping a set of 4 wheels from OS? USA? UK?

Cheers

Brad

Yep, M Para's are in the top 3, along with Rondell 58s and the ultimate (at 2K a pop) AC Schnitzer Type II Racing (in 19s).

Rondell 58s

post-82467-0-23886800-1331787488_thumb.jpg

AC Schnitzer

post-82467-0-38545800-1331787577_thumb.jpg

Any idea on the cost of shipping a set of 4 wheels from OS? USA? UK?

Cheers

Brad

Yeah I like both of those, the Schnitzers suit the E30 and E34 designs really well.

Haven't costed a shipment of rims from overseas myself, but have seen prices like these: M Parallels on eBay. I'm sure you could do a lot better than $1,300 for shipping though... :blink:

There was a mint E34 M5 3.5 at the Classic Throttle Shop in North Sydney a while ago, it was there for more than a year with about $45K on it from memory, low kms and great condition. Most M5s have got stratospheric mileage now unfortunately as they're just such great cruisers.

Yep, either huge miles or a huge price-tag! The M5 attracts its price because, well, it's an M5! The 540i attracts its price because the 6spd manual was so rare and (apparently) such a nice car!

Either the M5 or the 540i would be soooo nice, but I shall continue to dream... :rolleyes: