SAU Community

Leaking Coolant Problem

IGOAPE

Hi All,

How are we???

I'm pretty worried at the moment.

I have a r32 GTR

Does any1 know what and where the coolant hose is at the back of the firewall.

Under the Plenum Chamber.

From under the car It looks like its between the Plenum and Starter motor.

THe coolant leaks onto the engine block down to the floor and the bell house where the tranny mates to the engine.

I have a leaking coolant line and it only leaks when I rev the car hard.

Is it the line that goes into the heat box going into the firwall into the dash?

I've tried to get under the car and take the starter motor off to see if its on top of the starter motor, but no room.

So the only way to get around it is to get the plenum off but yet again NO FRIGGIN' room.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it possible to get the plenum off with out ripping the motor out of the car first?

I say yes its possible but how?

thanx in advancex

Is it the line that goes into the heat box going into the firwall into the dash?

Yes sounds like the one that went in mine

yeh common problem in 32's mine went about 2 months ago... I took the lazy option and got a shop to do it. From what the guy told me you have to take the starter motor out to get to it, a hoist will be a BIG help. (Thats the main reason I got it done at the shop).

sorry i can't be more helpful...

Dude if its not a heater hose running allong the fire wall it could be that your inlet manifold gasket needs to be replaced.I had this exact same problem with my R33 GTS-T i couldnt tell where it was coming from untill i stuck a torch and an extendable mirror down there.It was the coolent chamber closest to the fire wall the rubber on the gasket had worn away down to metal and was leaking water.I didnt rule out the fact that it could have been a coolent hose running to the inlet manifold to the turbo allong the rear of the engine that and the heater hose beacause it seemed the most viable untill i could get a a closer look with a mirror........

From looking at this picture it looks like all you have to do is remove throttle cable disconnect fuel lines from fuel rail drain coolant remove top heater hose unplug any hoses and cable blocks (inc injector harness) that are connecting to the plenum .give yourself some room. remove the fuel rail with injectors after this you should in my theory be able to undo the plenum from the side of the block if there are any hoses connecting underneath the plenum then you can give yo self more space by pulling the plenum off and lifting it unitill you can get enough room to disconect them.............Theres a few things that you need to keep in mind when doing this and they are document as needed your prgress i.e.where things go(pictures help allot).dont overtighten nuts & bolts,check to see if any hoses need replacing there cheep as shit and will save you if you can get your hands on a tourqe wrench and torque tightening specs(i know for a fact there is an r32 GTR workshop manual floating arround on here).theres a few others you can do if they need to be done belt,water pump etc....All my work was done in my garage at home by myself no hoist no removing starter motor and with a basic tool set.GOOD LUCK.I hope that i was of some assistance to you.

Jim from CRD told me it would be either the heat box lines or the lines the cools the oil cooler under the plenum.

Then you guys says that the inlet manifold hose or gasket can leak as well.

THe damn car has not room to work on.

I feel like taking the entire engine outta the car to get to it.

Its so hard to get to the start motor or even taking the plenum is not possible as well.

• 4 years later...

Sorry to bump up an old thread..

Im having this exact problem, started to pull the plenum off... Not going to happen!

trying to get the starter motor doesn't look like its going to happen...

Anyone has any idea what it could be or a diagram of the heater hoses? that may be handy..

• 5 weeks later...

its very common to be a leaking heater core, its behind the glove box roughly and its common to get the leak in the cabin of the car. The heater is very cheap but its a massive job to change it.

Sorry to bump up an old thread..

Im having this exact problem, started to pull the plenum off... Not going to happen!

Man up and get the bastard plenum off. You have to do it to fix the leak. Get some beer bait for your mates - if you have to do it yourself you'll probably want to torch the whole thing... i know i did.

I took mine off to replace these hoses (you might as well do everything while you there).

R32 GTR Coolant pipes on Drivers side and rear of motor;

21307-05U02, 14055-05U11, 21307-05U04, 14055-05U01, 14055-05U02

Water/heater: 92410-05U00, 92402-05U00, 92401-05U00 (these go to the heater)