SAU Community

hey guys i have done a turbo conversion form a r32 ca18de body i put in a new 20det engine and all. i have a wasted spark setup new plugs but as soon as car hits boost it just starts to miss and cant boost it feels like a fuel cut, i have tried new cas and new afm still no change, if anyone could help would be great

Oh yep got ya. my bad. Could be a shitload of things man. I had to change Fuel Pump,AFM,Coilpacks,Sparkplugs and the fuel pump relays in my RB25det for it to boost normal. So yeah if your Fuel pump works it might be an idea to replace the relays but apart from that, thats all the help i can be. good luck :)

If your CAS needs to be turned that far one way to start you have a serious problem.

Having the CAS where it is, is a very big problem in itself and is bad news for your internals. Fix that ASAP.

If she's hard to start, try adjuting the TPS, throttle cable tension, and idle.

You might have very low compression, or a leak along the intake somewhere, both would explain it cutting out on boost only (but agian, I'd strongly suggest you get that CAS fixed up before she goes pop)

ECU throwing A/T code nothing to worry about if it's manual.

Basic fuel pump diagnosis:

If you wait for the pump to finish priming, is it easier to start? vs turning the key to start straight away

Does it make an inconsistent sound when priming (ie starts of louder, then gets quieter, or visa versa)

hey guys i found the problem it was my pod filter one of the bolts was gone so there was extra air getting in so now i can get to boost but as soon as it gets to 10psi it goes all funny and wont hold 10, and my cas is back in the middle now after fixing the air leak if runs fine in the middle

That shouldn't have changed anything if your pod is before the AFM.

The AFM should still read the same amount of air.

Full boost problems, sounds like fuel, but could a boost leak around the manifold somewhere.