SAU Community

Titanium Welding In Newcastle

TwinTurboCelica

West Side Mufflers weld Ti but can they get the pipe too? That's the main hassle, what size is it? I would have thought it was unusual for a muffler shop to specialize in Ti?

Anyone with a Tig can weld it, welds pretty easy with a back purge (if its not too thin) but you have to clean the old exhaust pipe really well.

West Side don't just do mufflers and exhaust systems. They are a workshop that build race cars too. Their in house fabrication skills are about as good as you'll find. The last custom titanium system of theirs that I saw was a lobser backed system made from a chopped up jap exhaust.

Considering they are in the business there is a good chance that they have some off-cuts that will be the right size, or if not they'll know where to source it.

What diameter pipe are you needing?

I keep a couple of meters of 3 3.5 and 4 inch, or can have sheet rolled to specific diameter and seam it (normally the way ti fab work is done)

If you do get stuck I have a purge chamber that fits front pipes etc in to weld ti properly.

• 1 month later...

try this guy

M.T. Fabrications Pty Ltd

11 Mangrove Rd, Sandgate, NSW 2304 (02) 4968 8733

I know this is an old post, but MT Fabrications are next to my work here in Tomago ;)

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys for the replies.... I'll try both MT and PFRE.

Whenever ive been next door at MT they are generally welding and Fabbing big steel shit! Haven't seen any smaller stuff there.... I could be wrong but have been in the shop a few times and they generally do mining, concrete trucks and that sorta thing

• 5 weeks later...