SAU Community

My Parts ($3k) Stolen From Docks/Ship !!!

hey fellas. Just imported my r33 car from Japan. Following items got stolen. Not sure whether from the docks or the ship (KLINE). Its F#$%ed and has got me flaming.

Items which were stolen:

17" rims

double din headunit and stacker

blitz electronic boost controller

Which is pretty much like having $3000 of stuff stolen from me. Anyone been in same position. Any way of retrieving the car parts? If it was a gear knob or a boost gauge, i would have been tolerant of it. But it was freaking rims! and a boost controller (the whole lot) TAKEN. Would have taken awhile and someone with a very big bag to hide the rims.

anyway of finding out who or which parties were involved.

BryanLee38

Got the name of the ship? If it's a Jap ship (I mean all the crews are Jap) then it's almost impossible for them to do it - some bullshits along the line is that the Japanese takes great pride in their ship and in themselves they won't go mess around with it. Looking back at the last 40-50 cars I've imported, it's _always_ the non-Jap ships that I have things taken but so far it's always just the head unit and the odd turbo timer but wheels? :confused:

Also, a lot of the times K-line could be reselling space on one ship (kinda like airline code sharing) it could be someone else who runs the ship (ie MOL, NYK just to name a few)..

Down here in Sydney, every single car that comes in will be inspected and marked whatever it's there (ie "gadgets" = things they have no idea, "H/U" for head unit etc) and no one else can touch the cars except the owners and will be locked at all times. Not sure if that's the same for Brisvegas. Go talk to the port management but I won't expect much to happen as they can always blames it on the ship crew or even the Jap supplier itself (which is a different can of worm waiting to be opened...)

has to be an inside job. Would have happened in the time the ship unloaded to the time the car was picked up. Basically most importers use the roll on roll off method (lets face it its the easiest way and not many customers wanna put their car in a container coz its exxy). So the car had to be able to move off the ship onto the holding bay. This is where the wharfies get to work with the screwdriver.

Its the first time I've heard of em taking rims tho, one of em must have had their or friend's car on the ship, so when they took the rims off they could transfer it to the other car and move it out (since everything they take in and out is monitored for drug and other contraband items). Betcha any money those rims were sitting in another car after they took it off and that car left before yours was picked up.

Personally when I meet people who are bringing cars in, I tell em to pay our agent the few extra bucks to change the boot lock, install locknuts and to remove the boot release switch (all these are then EMS'd to the person dealing with customs here so they can reinstall them and open the car up for inspection. It costs a couple of extra hundred bucks and a bit of your time, but at least you get all the shit you asked for. I also advice em to remove gearknobs and chuck on $2 ones if the knobs are expensive. Never really came across anyone that got a worthwhile stereo in their car.

Rezz - car was at docks for about week (because of cleaning issues) = I didnt incur any storage as i picked up the minute customs agent said i could

Rims were in the backseat - as i bought an extra as i would have saved on shipping. BUt now i dont get them at all :(

Car was shipped with KLINE - Vessel is Marina Ace

i talked to the warfies and sercurity guards - they said sercurity is too tired at the warfs even if they wanted to. THey said it probably happen on the ship. Some **** is rolling around in my 17" rims ... but question is how did they get it out of the docks? THey cant really put it in their bag. And their cars are all parked outside usually right? I'll pay $1000 to get all my shit back.

the main question I'm asking is = reckon the warfies did it? OR the shipping company did it.

and whats the probability or ways i can go about getting my parts back?

Evo83: Imported car myself, I didnt have insurance on the items - whom can i get the parts insured with from now on?

What I mean is, is there a possibility your supplier took the parts away? One particular supplier (and well known too) have done that a few times to me.

Hehe..now reminds me of a story I've heard from a customer - his car arrived at the Brissy port, they can't be ***ed to jump start it so they got a forklift and lift it at the same time causing some damage to the sill :P

i know of a import dealer friend who imported a skyline that was fully decked out with race seats etc.... fully kitted out and when the car arrived it had been striped and returned to stock and the seats were stolen, so the poor towie had to drive the car on seat rails.