SAU Community

My Parts ($3k) Stolen From Docks/Ship !!!

Well I hope he didnt. Or that would have really #@$* me off ... but i guess there is no real way i can find out is there?

Heard about the forklift story myself, also heard about the racing seats also. DAMN THIEVING BASTARDS! GGGGggggrrrrrrrrrrr

Brian: Anything in the car (boot included) will go missing... as you've found out the hard way. Wharfies are theiving bastards, they took your wheels for sure.

My buyer even told me to take out the *standard* double DIN deck out of a Mitsubishi Pajero I sent to Perth before it was put on the ship... standard stereo FFS! But I had my younger brother Trent (www.tkotinting.com :P) go and get the car as soon as the ship came in. Leaving it for any longer than a day after and things will disappear.

Shans right on the money about the boot locks, wheel locknuts etc... a pain to do but def worth it.

Good luck trying to get compensation for your loss.

I had a set of BBS LM sitting on the back seat, nothing happened to it :confused: surely that's worth some dole? Same as the other time I had a set of Buddy Club's..it doesn't even belong to that car! Even better that Silvia I've imported, had all sorts of electronics sitting on the floor but no one can be bothered to unhook 'em.

Ah well, maybe Sydney ports are safer?

Theft has been blatant in the shipping industry for years. Its pretty organised and not much the cops will be able to do. Doubt you'll ever see any of that ever again.

Insurance is probably the best you can do, and I hear getting a full container, while costing more, may give increased security.

I sent my car with K-Line too (Maeske Sun). and had over 5k of stereo stuff stolen, in-car dvd system, also lost x1 guage and mines rev-meter.

i wrote a letter to Kline managment i was bum steered around the whole company before i came to some insurance place, they ended up giving me a cheque for an agreed value (

Apparently it happens alot, and I was lucky to get a cent off them..from now on i send everything in a sealed container. costly but is much safer..

I personally drove a car to the docks here in Japan and to my amazement the surrounding fence was only 4ft high. You could jump it no problems. All the cars are left on the dock and you have to leave your keys in the ignition. Thieft happens from this end aswell.

Hey Bryan, I work in this industry, I can tell you it is definatley not the shipping co, it would be the wharfies orjust someone off the street who has broken into the yard, I dont think there is much you can do, try putting up a claim to the customs agent and also the wharf where it was out of eg, patricks or P&O. Dont speak to the security guards or wharfies you will have to go straight to the top :), if you like pm me and I will try and get you phone numbers of the bosses, just let me which wharf it came out of.

Dairy Boy: This is only the 2nd car I've gotten from Japan (from the same guy) ... 1st time everything went smoothly and great. this time i copped it bad. He seems like a nice dude over the phone and stuff. I hope he didnt pull a quick one on me.

Judd - when you said you got compensation back. Was this because you had insurnace? I shipped with KLINE and they told me they didnt have insurance - i shipped at my own risk.

Anyways rang warfies 2day, and they said they will check if any parts was "left behind" after my car got vacummed from last week. Slim @&$* possibility, but hey I have no idea who i should go after? The warfies? THe shipping company?

how much does seal containers cost? Any why are they soo much safer?

I heard from one of the importer sayin that the weak link would be the docks in Aust. and insurance is abit hard to get.

Sorry to hear about your lost dude...

The best thing to do is take any removable parts like stereo, mag wheels and ship them separately.

if this were me i would be straight to the local police station. even if there's nothing they can do about it the more they know about this going on the more likely they are to do something about it.

also speak to a lawyer and get them to write a letter or something to the company who controlls the people in the wharf area. threaten legal action unless they act upon your complaint.

threats of legal action always gets things rolling...

best of luck mate,

Waz.

Might be better off getting his supplier in Japan to do something ie tell the supplier to get in touch with the shipping agent in Japan to get something done even though they might not and then get something happening on this end - it bounds to get somewhere along the line? Hate the chance of ever getting anything done (the parts back or compo) as the shipping line see private customers as nothing but they changed their tune when they see a ABN/company name....