SAU Community

Urgent Help Needed

Hey Guys,

Recently the GTR has been runing really rough, this started happening when I was out of town (of course).

I have come back yesterday and with some proper help have found that my air flow meters have been playing up. I have had many stops on the freeway and the car stalling and only reving to 2500 rpm. And then all of a sudden all is ok. This problem is really starting to get on my nerves, and with some thinking with Verms have decided to see if there is anyone willing to help me by donating 2 working air flow meters for us to check if this is indeed the case as told by the stock ECU DTC.

To make matters worse I am leaving on posting to Melbourne on the weekend so all this is very urgent if I am going to be able to make it on time, if indeed at all.

I am also willing to buy a set off someone as if this is the case I will needed replacements.

Any help here will be very much appreciated, and im sure a dinner will be thrown in if you are willing to help me with coming down and helping (and lending the AFMs) as this is really important for me to meet this posting.

Thanks Guys

We found the code coming up with the airflow meters so first thing we did was clean them with contact cleaner.

Though that might have fixed the problem but its still doing it.

If anyone has a pair of them we could borrow to confirm that they are the problem.

When idling they read on the power fc hand controller around the 1000mV and when it started playing up dropped to 500mV.

I'll swing past on my way home today and grab them if possible!

Perhaps the boys at ESP can help. Glen has his red R32 GTR sitting in the display room.

Paul has some FS - $200 each with plugs and they were hardly used.

2 x AFM's (Z32)

Call them first and if that Fails then swing by mine on your way home.

You fcuk them - you buy me a new pair too

Im nearly 100% sure paul sold 1 so only 1 available.

I thought you werent running afm?

Im hoping someone has a pair thats they aren't currently using to make things easier.

If the possibility is there for alex to possibly buy them so he is able to get to melboure on the weekend to start course!

My AFM's are still on my GTR eventhough I'm not using them.

Saves me making up pipes and they're always there - just in case.

Plus if I get pulled over all looks as it should :thumbsup:

PS. If it is your AFM then I expect oonly 1 is failing. Hence 1000 to 500 ?

Keep the fuzz happy :P

All it needs to do is get me to Melbourne, so if its one or both that are stuffed I'm going to either find them or find away to drive it.

But any help is good help. I would even consider borrowing one and posting it back to anyone who is willing.

i had the exact same problem on my 33 turned out to be the connection of the plug inside of AFM had lost it solder, took about 30mins and it was sorted with a soldering iron and some sealant

Thanks guys for all your help. One of the AFMs I got off Paul is faulty, but I have now found my good one and both are now working well. And it was nice to meet you too Paul, thanks for the tips for future upgrades for the GTR. Melbourne here I come!!!