SAU Community

S15 Vs R34

Hey guys,

Doing research on cars because I will be buying my first one towards the end of this year. I love both the R34 Skyline and S15 Silvia and I have heard good and bad about both but which one do you prefer and why? Also which engine is easiest to squeeze more power out of?

Cheers, Tristan.

P.S. Being my first car will be N/A

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R34 is going to be heavier for a start. The S15 if it was an Autech one would be my choice, greater range of parts to get the best out of it easily. IMO it wouldnt be worth spending any money trying to make them faster, as ultimatly you probably plan to turbo it when allowed right? So why waste money. Get the most out of the chassis first.

if it was me.... For a N/A Id go a Autech S15 forsure and dont do much to it , keep it nice and simple then when it comes time to sell you can make your money back and buy something turbo then take the power from there.

A KE55 corolla and save your cash until you're allowed a turbo car.

Otherwise they are both puss, so buy whichever one you like the look of best because neither are performance cars and both are pretty much the same in terms of reliability.

If i HAD to choose between the two, then id ho Autech S15.

But if it wasnt a definite choice, i would definitely go for a Honda of the same era. Dont know what they cost over your way, but a DC2/5R would be quicker than both of them without much trouble.

Billions of aftermarket/new parts for modding and maintenance.

Or a H22a/K20a Euro Accord if you want something a bit bigger.

ive owned both S15 and r34 (both turbo though) and i'd have to day the r34 feels more solid and sticks better but i do miss the go-kart feel of the S15 sometimes. Go the Autech S15 is you HAVE to have an import now, otherwise save your cash monay for when you can drive a turbo.

http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/tabid/65/p/1/cid/522/id/4769/Default.aspx

This will blow NA R34's and S15's away at all tracks, doubly so on the gravel. It's already caged so you can go to the track and let loose..

Guaranteed the most fun you can have with your pants on :thumbsup:

Probably not good for P plate laws - would have to check on that.

Some Autech people i know, secretly want a RB25DE lol, R34 cost less if something does wrong with motor which is very unlikely considering they are tuff and underpowerd in the first place.

Edited by starwarz

Both will be horrendously slow and get beaten by the new v6 commodores and falcons and you will merely just be a "poser" with a Skyline or Silvia badge. My advice is save your money and upgrade once you get your full licence

I just don't get P platers and insisting on skylines or silvias etc.

take the blinkers off your eyes mate.

go have a drive in a Renault Sport Clio 172.

1050kg

124kw

leather bolstered seats

xenon head lights

throw it in to a corner or 2 and see if you an even remember what a non turbo skyline or silvia is.

that is just one example of many good cars for P platers.

Unless you want to pose.. then my post is of no use to you.

Both will be horrendously slow and get beaten by the new v6 commodores and falcons and you will merely just be a "poser" with a Skyline or Silvia badge. My advice is save your money and upgrade once you get your full licence

So we are posers for owning a non turbo, learn your skyline history it didnt start off with Turbos going shutututu and AWD, they were naturally aspirated wasnt till the 3rd-4th that turbo was introduced, the Hakosuka 2000GTR the real start of the GTR brand was a Naturally aspirated car if i had a choice out of any Skyline it will be the Hakosuka. If i had a GTR badge on my 25GT then i will be a GTR poser, but you cant accuse it of being a Skyline Poser because it does not meet your narrow minded perspective of the Skyline brand name.

Edited by starwarz