SAU Community

S15 Vs R34

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My na sticks with v6 commos unless there vy or newer, even then just wait till the twisties and I'll put them in there place haha. And to everyone saying get a shitbox till your opens, I have 4 years to save for a new car unless you get in huge debt

Then all the commo's have to do is change the diff to a 3.69 or 3.89 and you won't be sticking with anything.

well my mate had a Autech and he ran in the 14's , not quite sure if a NA Skyline can crack 14, its all been 15 with full interior. as for commy thats more a 15 second car too aint it ?

Correct me if im wrong

14's aren't a hard thing to get, mate of mine has a supra thats doing 14.7 with a bit of work and my 300zx is doing 14.5. The thing i've noticed with commodores is they take off fairly quickly(with a shorter diff, like 3.89 or so) but lack a fair bit up top, even the new SIDI VE SV6 isn't that quick.

So we are posers for owning a non turbo, learn your skyline history it didnt start off with Turbos going shutututu and AWD, they were naturally aspirated wasnt till the 3rd-4th that turbo was introduced, the Hakosuka 2000GTR the real start of the GTR brand was a Naturally aspirated car if i had a choice out of any Skyline it will be the Hakosuka. If i had a GTR badge on my 25GT then i will be a GTR poser, but you cant accuse it of being a Skyline Poser because it does not meet your narrow minded perspective of the Skyline brand name.

Correct!

Turbos came out in the 5th gen skyline the C211 2000GT in April 1980. I know cause i own one.

Then all the commo's have to do is change the diff to a 3.69 or 3.89 and you won't be sticking with anything.

14's aren't a hard thing to get, mate of mine has a supra thats doing 14.7 with a bit of work and my 300zx is doing 14.5. The thing i've noticed with commodores is they take off fairly quickly(with a shorter diff, like 3.89 or so) but lack a fair bit up top, even the new SIDI VE SV6 isn't that quick.

but im not comparing a supra? im comparing a skyline , and didnt say 14s were hard but his was stock

well my mate had a Autech and he ran in the 14's , not quite sure if a NA Skyline can crack 14, its all been 15 with full interior. as for commy thats more a 15 second car too aint it ?

Correct me if im wrong

Time slip or I call "heavily modified" or "bullshit". There is no way 160hp will get 1200kgs down the quarter in under 16 seconds.

Whatever u say champ. Not gna waste my time cus i know they can run 14's and 15's

Stock, no, no they cannot.

Looks, here's a non stock one running a flat 16.

That's exactly what I would expect out out 160hp and 1200kgs.

Don't give me some crap about the launch or anything. In a POS 16 second car there's not much you can do to screw up a 1/4 mile run. There's no where in that run that guy could make up anything other than milliseconds.

there are certainly plenty of 15 second examples out there. to say that there would only be milliseconds difference in possible performance is silly. when i took my magna to drags there was a 0.7 between my best and worst run. started the night with a 15.5 second run, ended the night with a 14.8 second run. had i had better tyres i would've probably seen a 14.6.

oh and FYI, the magna was about 160hp (at the wheels) and about 1450kgs

Jesus, this thread turned into, "I'm a p plater, I love n/a's, they are so much better than turbos, but secretly I will get a turbod car when I'm off my p's"

This thread summed up is, why waste your money on a expensive slow car, when you can get a cheap slow car, learn to drive to before you can be fully hektik.

Oh and if you do get a skyline, don't be that guy in the N/a skyline that tried to drag me. I didn't even rev over 4k rpm

Bog stock running 15s? Low 15s? Show me all these examples.

The only way you'd get a 0.7 difference at those times is if you majority messed up a gear change or something like that. Peel off 5 clean runs in a row and there shouldn't be more than perhaps .3 seconds between the best and worst.

Edited by Cowboy1600

Bog stock running 15s? Low 15s? Show me all these examples.

The only way you'd get a 0.7 difference at those times is if you majority messed up a gear change or something like that. Peel off 5 clean runs in a row and there shouldn't be more than perhaps .3 seconds between the best and worst.

Why do you always have to argue with everyone lol? Always gotta prove people wrong...

^

^

^

Enough said.

Yeah, it proves my point. ~160kw in 1450kg car might do a high 14 especially if its a big motor or turboed. The Autech is neither big motored nor turboed.

Why do you always have to argue with everyone lol? Always gotta prove people wrong...

When basic physics, not to mention practice, suggests someone is wrong, why shouldn't I say anything especially when they were wrong in response to something I said?

Going back to my original point, an N/A s15 will not walk a v6 Commodore or N/A r34. I apologise if I don't accept a fantasy story about a mate's miracle car as some form of evidence that I'm wrong.

R34 would be a good choice as you have the option of a 4 door as well. at the end of the day the rb25 will have more torque but both rb and sr are great engines with good potential. i would also agree that the r34 is a very reliable car in both na and turbo form althouh r34 parts can be a pain to source at times. if possible i would highly recommend a turbo version of either car as you will head in that direction after a na anyway... you wont regret it if you do trust me :) good luck with your first buy!

Jesus, this thread turned into, "I'm a p plater, I love n/a's, they are so much better than turbos, but secretly I will get a turbod car when I'm off my p's"

i dont think any p platers would want a n/a over a turbo, but people always talking shit on how na skylines are the worst car ever made does tend to get annoying after a while. i would rather drive my na line than a commodore from the same era, plus its not all about straight line speed

Edited by drunkn snail

i dont think any p platers would want a n/a over a turbo, but people always talking shit on how na skylines are the worst car ever made does tend to get annoying after a while. i would rather drive my na line than a commodore from the same era, plus its not all about straight line speed

You've kinda proved my point. Once again, SSS Pulsar > THE WORLD

You've kinda proved my point. Once again, SSS Pulsar > THE WORLD

Whilst "the world" might be a tiiiiny exaggeration :) I agree that SSS pulsars are the ducks nuts.

I hired a Hyundai getz about a year ago for some driver training, my boat was in the shop at the time, and a R34 GT four door was shown the getz tail in straight line and go to whow.

Whilst "the world" might be a tiiiiny exaggeration :) I agree that SSS pulsars are the ducks nuts.

Ok maybe I took a little too far. But still, my first car was a pulsar and I loved the shit out of that thing. I still have it.