SAU Community

Lets Talk Water Meth Injection

Status, which wmi kits were those cars running?

I remember reading in here or elsewhere, that somebody suggested the snow kits aren't as good of quality as an aquamist kit.

If you have worked with both, which kit do you consider to be the better option in terms of quality, performance and engine safety long term?

I think the aquamist is the better kit of the bunch but a little harder to install and setup.

Not saying that there is anything "wrong" with the other kits. I myself am probably gonna go the snow performance kit as I will be installing it myself so it seems a little easier.

Seriously if you are running that much power your gunna need a pretty serious fuel system anyway..

What I am really interested to see now is a E85 fueled car with WMI..

Will it be twice as awesome, or not really..

might give it a crack if no one else does:)

I don't think it works that way ARTZ, my tuner reckons one or the other. The good thing is you can lean out your fuel a bit so it has been known to gain fuel economy as well.

So I'm told, have a read of either mafias or tridents threads on it, I think I remember one of them saying such things

I think the aquamist is the better kit of the bunch but a little harder to install and setup.

Not saying that there is anything "wrong" with the other kits. I myself am probably gonna go the snow performance kit as I will be installing it myself so it seems a little easier.

Got a snow s2 if u are looking, am needing to free up some cash atm. Could save you a neat a mount off new.

Just a short drive over to revesby ;)

How much??

Why wouldn't it work, WMI cools your intake charge, e85 cools your exhaust, the colder everything runs the harder you can push it..

Can't hurt to try it, unless somebody can show results that prove otherwise

I'm sure there would be a gain, but it would probably be close to negligible. Would be great for someone to give it a go though!

How much??

Why wouldn't it work, WMI cools your intake charge, e85 cools your exhaust, the colder everything runs the harder you can push it..

Can't hurt to try it, unless somebody can show results that prove otherwise

bugger.... i bought the dyno files home but i dont have the viewer on this laptop.

Just pulled the soarer with WMI back off the dyno and at 25 psi it made 445rwkw with intake temps averaging 20-24 degrees... it will pull that power run after run after run. It has more in it but we started getting a bit of bleed on the fuel pressure. This car is setup for circuit so it needs to be safe under all conditions so we stopped at 25psi and 445rwkw.

On 98 it would pull one run @ 380rwkw on 20psi but high intake temps held it back from running more boost.. and subsequent pulls would drop power with each pull via the AIT compensation. On 20psi it will pull 390rwkw all day with loads more mid and a near perfect power curve.

Overall timing gain was comparable to e85.

What turbo on that set up?

Did you get that directly from aquamist?

Was from a performance shop with an online store which I found while googling prices. The communication was pretty much non existant and it took close to 4 weeks to arrive.

The failsafe and triggering vavle is what made me choose it over a snow or aem unit. I'm pretty keen to see the results from it

Edited by PSI086

Add a drop of blue food colouring to the 5lt mix and you can call it windex injection. You can actually use some kinds of industrial glass cleaners too, as they contain up to 25% methanol.

Also this is something else that I find interesting...

http://www.hobbyparts.com.au/store/item/nitro004l/fuelnitromethane/

5-10% nitro is considered safe. Higher concentrations can fall out of suspension, but would probably remain in solution better if mixed with methanol first. There is quite a few threads on the waterinjection info forum about this.

Add a drop of blue food colouring to the 5lt mix and you can call it windex injection. You can actually use some kinds of industrial glass cleaners too, as they contain up to 25% methanol.

Also this is something else that I find interesting...

http://www.hobbypart...elnitromethane/

5-10% nitro is considered safe. Higher concentrations can fall out of suspension, but would probably remain in solution better if mixed with methanol first. There is quite a few threads on the waterinjection info forum about this.

Was thinking about this today, if you found a good glass cleaner with some methanol content, you could run the WMI feed directly from the washer bottle correct? (since most skylines have 3+ litre washer bottles) Leaving the only thing visible in the engine bay the injection nozzle and line.....