SAU Community

Nistuned Z32Ecu For R33 Gtst

You are brave man ..! Or was the ECU tuned?

The nistuned z32 ecu is loaded with the base map for the r33 rb25det and my r33 is pretty much stock except for an exhaust and pod filter at the moment.

Ive got the nistuned z32 because i have a whole bunch of new stuff to put in the car, but figured i would double check that it was all working properly with the base r33 tune before i went and ripped out all the stock gear, replaced it with the new stuff and adjusted the nistune settings for bigger injectors and afm so I could limp to the tuners.

Edited by Mitcho_7

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're not supposed to revv the engine or do anything silly.

The maps in the Z32 ECU are just an approximation of the standard R33 and Z32 ECU maps to get you to the tuner!

dont know what you mean? the only way i know of it working is the z32 ecu with the nistune daughter board running the standard ecr33 rb25det tune.

I think ->

Z32 (PIN33 FAST IDLE) -> R33 (PIN33 EXHAUST LIGHT)

Z32 (PIN32 CHECK LIGHT) -> R33 (PIN33 CHECK LIGHT)

If you cut the track (PIN33) on the Z32 ECU it should be fine.

One could also cut the wire at the ECU loom.

So essentially the exhaust temp light with the z32 ecu installed how it is at the moment is actually the check engine light?

Edited by Torques

Correction (sorry)

Z32 (PIN32 CHECK LIGHT) -> R33 (PIN32 CHECK LIGHT)

I think ->

Z32 (PIN32 CHECK LIGHT) -> R33 (PIN33 CHECK LIGHT)

If you cut the track (PIN33) on the Z32 ECU it should be fine.

One could also cut the wire at the ECU loom.

Correction (sorry)

Z32 (PIN32 CHECK LIGHT) -> R33 (PIN32 CHECK LIGHT)

Pretty sure ficd is ok, because we have established my r33 is a series 2 which runs ficd, but will clarify this with Matt once everything is sorted.

We know pin 32 on the z32 ecu is check engine lamp and pin 32 on the r33 is exhaust temp. So if we can find out what pin the check engine lamp on the 33 ecu, the signal can be moved from that pin to pin 32 and it should hopefully work. I just hope doing that doesn't throw the check engine light on the dash instead of the exhaust temp lamp.

Hi,

I am quite sure that PIN32 on R33 is Check Engine. (so Z32 matches R33 loom)

There was never a re-routing of this PIN necessary.

At current the Fast Idle of the your Z32 ECU is simply connected to your exhaust lamp.

Fast Idle on S2 is not done by the ECU, the signal comes from the AC directly.

Z32 actually triggers Fast Idle via PIN33 ... (which is your exhaust lamp)

Time for a coffee :)

Pretty sure ficd is ok, because we have established my r33 is a series 2 which runs ficd, but will clarify this with Matt once everything is sorted.

We know pin 32 on the z32 ecu is check engine lamp and pin 32 on the r33 is exhaust temp. So if we can find out what pin the check engine lamp on the 33 ecu, the signal can be moved from that pin to pin 32 and it should hopefully work. I just hope doing that doesn't throw the check engine light on the dash instead of the exhaust temp lamp.

Edited by Torques

I am quite sure that PIN32 on R33 is Check Engine. (so Z32 matches R33 loom)

There was never a re-routing of this PIN necessary.

At current the Fast Idle of your Z32 ECU is simply connected to your exhaust lamp.

Fast Idle on S2 is not done by the ECU, the signal comes from the AC directly.

Z32 actually triggers Fast Idle via PIN33 ... (which is your exhaust lamp)

Time for a coffee :)

Well that might partly explain why the idle wasnt really affected that much with the z32 or the r33 ecu running the car and the a/c on, the car didnt die with either. But if thats the case, wouldnt the exhaust temp lamp only come on when i turn the a/c on? Most things I have read say that the s2 FICD is run from the ecu not by the a/c directly and Matt seems to think that exhaust temp lamp on the r33 s2 is pin 32 which is going into the z32 ecu check engine light pin.

I think Ill be waiting to hear back from Matt before I do anything about it.

I'm sure Matt will sort it out .. the light should not interfere with the function of the ECU.

I would have to have a look at the Z32 schematics to find out how it is all triggered.

I think (on S2) the AC triggers the fast idle circuit, but the ECU knows about this by a sense wire and changes ignition timing (not 100% sure)

The sense wire is not on pin 33 but pin 46 (input)

(Same on Z32)

On Z32 it seems the ECU is directly triggering the Fast Idle Circuit.

Also there is no 100% accurate schematic for the S2 in circulation.

I have the genuine workshop manuals (actually in print and paid for :)) for the S2, but even these are not 100% to my car which is a late (1998) S2.

Also interesting to know what colour the camshaft sensor (angle) on your engine is ?

Black, or silver?

To give you some orientation I have attached a snippet fromm the Z32 ECU, the arrow points to PIN 33 (on S2 exhaust lamp)

Enjoy Nistune, it's a great solution and the folks at Nistune put a lot of effort into this ..

Well that might partly explain why the idle wasnt really affected that much with the z32 or the r33 ecu running the car and the a/c on, the car didnt die with either. But if thats the case, wouldnt the exhaust temp lamp only come on when i turn the a/c on? Most things I have read say that the s2 FICD is run from the ecu not by the a/c directly and Matt seems to think that exhaust temp lamp on the r33 s2 is pin 32 which is going into the z32 ecu check engine light pin.

I think Ill be waiting to hear back from Matt before I do anything about it.

post-33912-0-16212900-1333286427_thumb.jpg

Edited by Torques

I have a series 2 running a Z32 ECU (Nistune). Yep my exhaust temp lights everytime the A/C solenoid is triggered. I pulled the light out from the dash. No other issues and been running it for 2 years now.

I have a series 2 running a Z32 ECU (Nistune). Yep my exhaust temp lights everytime the A/C solenoid is triggered. I pulled the light out from the dash. No other issues and been running it for 2 years now.

The only difference with mine is its on all the time, whether the a/c is on or off.

I sent the z32 ecu back to matt this week to be looked at and he ended up cutting pin 33 on the ecu side. Got the z32 ecu back today and unfortunently this did nothing, excpet that now my revs drop at idle when the a/c is turned on.

Hello,

Hmmm ... that is actually odd.

Are you sure about the revs dropping?

From the schematics I see no reason why this should be the case at all if you just cut the track.

There is no connection on R33 (Pin33) to the Fast Idle Ciruit on any model I came across.

Maybe your ECU is SPEC1(.5)? That would could that PIN33 of the Z32 has to be rerouted the PIN36 of the R33 loom.

Also (and to repeat myself) what is the colour of yor CAS housing?

I sent the z32 ecu back to matt this week to be looked at and he ended up cutting pin 33 on the ecu side. Got the z32 ecu back today and unfortunently this did nothing, excpet that now my revs drop at idle when the a/c is turned on.

Not sure on the colour of the CAS.

My ecu doesn't seem to match any wiring diagrams that exist for the r33, which is frustrating to say the least because it makes it real hard to find out what is throwing the exhaust temp light.

At least pin 33 has been eliminated as the culprit...

I simply assume that your car is a Chuki ..

Possibly what many call Spec 1.5

- Nissan Skyline ECR33 (Zenki - 8/93-1/95) Eng: RB25DET

- Nissan Skyline ECR33 (Chuki - 1/95-1/96) Eng: RB25DET

- Nissan Skyline ECR33 (Kouki - 1/96-5/98) Eng: RB25DET

That's why I asked for the colour of the CAS.

:)

It would be also good to know if your car uses the R34 AFM, or the S1 one.

(Later S2 use the R34 AFM)

Edited by Torques

I simply assume that your car is a Chuki ..

Possibly what many call Spec 1.5

- Nissan Skyline ECR33 (Zenki - 8/93-1/95) Eng: RB25DET

- Nissan Skyline ECR33 (Chuki - 1/95-1/96) Eng: RB25DET

- Nissan Skyline ECR33 (Kouki - 1/96-5/98) Eng: RB25DET

That's why I asked for the colour of the CAS.

:)

It would be also good to know if your car uses the R34 AFM, or the S1 one.

(Later S2 use the R34 AFM)

Afm is er34, tps is s2 as well.