SAU Community

Nistuned Z32Ecu For R33 Gtst

This sounds like a lot of headaches mate.

You should just sell the ecu.

To me.

Haha, What makes you think it's gonna be anyless hassle for you?

Edited by Mitcho_7

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not about the input, it's the output (of the Z32 ECU) that makes the light stay on!

The Z32 has no EHG sensor, nor does it have an EHG warning light.

So if you disconnect the EHG sensor it does do nothing at all (except wasting your time);)

Again:Are you absolutely sure the revs drop now (after Matt sent back the ECU) when you engage the AC?

Just tried the z32 ecu with the exhaust temp unplugged under the passenger seat. No dice, still got the light on the dash.

It's not about the input, it's the output (of the Z32 ECU) that makes the light stay on!

The Z32 has no EHG sensor, nor does it have an EHG warning light.

So if you disconnect the EHG sensor it does do nothing at all (except wasting your time);)

Again:Are you absolutely sure the revs drop now (after Matt sent back the ECU) when you engage the AC?

yeh, what you say makes sense , but I figured it would be worth a try.

And yes the revs drop as soon as the a/c is put on at idle.

Hmmm,

Fair enough, it does not hurt trying (also educational) :)

I am slightly puzzled about the revs now dropping.

All what Matt did was disconnecting PIN33 (on the Z32 ECU) and that PIN33 has no connection whatsoever to the fast idle circuit.

Something does not add up.

If all fails Matt has to undo whatever he did, and you would have to remove the bulb in the dash.

yeh, what you say makes sense , but I figured it would be worth a try.

And yes the revs drop as soon as the a/c is put on at idle.

• 2 weeks later...

Just closing this thread out. Factory service manual has the S1 pinouts, but later in the workshop manual it discusses FICD and TPS which are series 2 specific. This means there were updates to the manual by Nissan which are internally contradictory because the manual does not clearly differentiate S1 and S2 changes.

Also contrary to the manual Pin 33 remains the exhaust temp lamp on S2 (not Pin 32 which must be a typo). So this line gets cut, the fuel temp line going to it gets a dropping resistor to remove the fuel pump temp DTC error. FICD needs to be routed from the FICD driver IC to Pin 36. Documents to cover internal S2 modifications updated accordingly

http://nistune.com/docs/Z32_ECU_Modifications_Direct_R33_Plugin%20V7.pdf