SAU Community

Rb26 Conversion

32it

hey guys.. i have a 32gtst and recently bought a 32GTR half cut.. i got this week off work 2 do the conversion, im a 3rd yr apprentice mechanic and i convinced the boss to lend me a hoist bay in the work shop for a week.. does any 1 know if there any bits and pieces i will need that are not on a half cut that i will need 2 buy. i already have a new fuel pump and a new sump for 2WD and splashed out on a tomei oil pump :D.. does any 1 know of any common problems i will run in to along the way.. if any 1 knows of problems a heads up would be good so i dont find my self waiting around for parts

What's the colour? How many Km's?

Were you the first owner?

If your not willing to post pics don't expect to sell it fast.

Pretty sure he's not trying to sell it mate or it would be posted in the for sale section not the forced induction section asking for advice...

Pretty sure he's not trying to sell it mate or it would be posted in the for sale section not the forced induction section asking for advice...

once he finds out the expense of the band-aids, screw drivers, duct tape, deodorant and WD-40

he'll be compelled to sell.

I have just finished my R32 Rb26 into R33 gtst, was good fun, lots of tears and didnt have the convenience of a half cut. I had to use Rb25 engine mounting brackets, might need those not sure if they are compatible with xmember? I know a guy in brissy who did my loom, send it to him he sends back modified to work, he is good and cheap BH_SLO32 on here. I definately agree with the above crank collar or atleast a new oil pump and check the collar. I just rebuilt.

I'm doing a simular thing tho into a BMW I just changed the head gasket and re dis water pump just a general maiternance service I didn't bother with oil pump and it all looks good but I had the luck to see motor running before being removed. A new set of bearings wouldn't hurt either