[SA Cars Spotted Thread 2]

N/A®

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yep I have photos of it - I wish I could make a mould ..... mind you, I might be selling my car soon(ish) .... thinking of getting an R34 GTT - I am so sick of the little luxuries my car doesn't have, like climate control, remote boot release, traction control. Don't flame me, but I am seriously considering tiptronic auto (which I would get strenthened and add a high-stall to, of course).
That's it, join the RB side of the force, leave your SR behind... :rofl:

talking about r34gtt. Have you by any chance looked at the silver one with eh 19" chromies on main north rd, andrew? If its still there. Wheel probabrly aint your taste but Im sure its triptronic. Dont know bout its condition etc but looks immaculate when i see it as i drive pass.

Andrew mate, I think you'll find the GT-T missing half of those features that you are after.... I'm not 100% sure, but I dont think it has remote boot release or cruisey... The GT-T isnt a huge step up from an S15 from what I've seen, but I like the NEO engine and the relatively big rear passenger room!

yep I have photos of it - I wish I could make a mould ..... mind you, I might be selling my car soon(ish) .... thinking of getting an R34 GTT - I am so sick of the little luxuries my car doesn't have, like climate control, remote boot release, traction control. Don't flame me, but I am seriously considering tiptronic auto (which I would get strenthened and add a high-stall to, of course).

u can get climate control from the jap spec S15.

and lots of alarm system will provide remote boot release on extra cost.

but auto GTT is not a bad choice :D

S15's don't have climate control? ROFL!

Even my '89 R32 has it, sure it has a user interface designed by the same tards who did the one on my POS Motorola phone, but it still has it!

nah Chapman, in order to fit climate to an S15 you need around $1k worth of bits and pieces and roughly another $1k for labour. You need to fit an entire new wiring loom and fit several stepper motors and various other components. A guy from Vic did it a year ago and I looked at his websie on how to do it. It is an extremely difficult and expensive operation!

My other main issue with my S15 is that I can't get much of the power to the gorund without breaking traction - so traction control would be awesome.

Oh, and the whole twin plate clutch exercise I hate, as it is now a pain to drive in any sort of traffic (which I do all day).

I still love my S15 though, and if I am to part with it, it will be an extremely difficult decision.

I'm not sure if the traction control will make it launch or grip better for straightline speed, esp if it just cuts power all together. Might have to borrow a mates GT-T to test the effectiveness of the traction control! Hahaha....

if you could that would be great Leo. I assume it is a quite intelligent system, where most aftermarket traction control units cuts power to only 1 or 2 cylinders until traction is regained, then full power is applied again - this is usually not to the detriment of launch whatsoever. Maybe Cell could advise?

Yeah Duc, from what I can gather traction control is standard on R34GTTs. Yeah the twin plate sucks ass - it is great (in that it handles the power awesomely), but is almost impossible to get a decent launch (I get about 1 in 10 good launches), and if you are not concentrating 100% all the time you stall it like a biatch.

im assuming that you have stalled it quite often then at the light, yes? =D

quite funny but at the same time embarassing. I know i am when i stall it, and mines is only a super single.

yep, on many occasions, and it is damn embarrassing.

On the upside, the funniest thing is doing in front of mates who give me a hard time about it, but then making them drive my car and laughing at them stalling it 5+ times just trying to get the car moving (I'm not going to mention any names, but they are off these forums). :D

The 'take up' of the clutch from disengaged to fullly engaged is approx 2-3cm, and is almost impossible to feel with your foot. Note this is the 2nd one of this clutch, as the first one was this bad so I took it back to Adelaide Clutch and they replaced it for me. This current clutch was not too bad for about 1,000km then became the monster it now is - identical to the 'faulty' one they replaced last time. I give up. :stupid:

is it still under warranty even though it has been replaced once before? My clutch - os giken super single, rattles is a bissh when it is engaged. Still cant figure out why that is the case.

I just had a twin plate put in, stalled it when i first drove it as it was alot different to my old clutch. gotten used to it now and drive it no probs in city traffic.

the name diggity springs to mind lol

Nah, I'm pretty sure he only stalled it 4 times in a row and got it going on the fifth!!!

Traction control sucks ass Andrew, at least the Holden version does anyway.

First thing I do for any "spirited" driving is turn the bastard off. About the only time I leave it on is when it's wet.

Biggest problem is that it is too intrusive. The Holden version pulls timing and applies the brakes to the slipping wheel - works off the ABS sensors.

What you want is LAUNCH CONTROL - apparently a good system is made by a mob called racelogic, but it runs at like 3k. You can dial in the amount of slip to allow, and then dump clutches and it does the rest.

Here's an Autospeed review and their website is here.

Will, how do you launch your car? My old man recently got a ls1 statesman and i was figuring out how to launch the thing but i not good at it - auto trans obviously.

Will, how do you launch your car? My old man recently got a ls1 statesman and i was figuring out how to launch the thing but i not good at it - auto trans obviously.
I'm sure Will has more intricate technique, but to get you started... left foot on the brake, get the revs up on the stall converter and bounce it a bit, then when you're ready, let go of the stop peddle and slam down the go peddle! :rofl: Ah the joys of Commo driving!

Or for the terminally stupid and a hater of gearboxes, put it in Neutral rev the hell out of it (try to get it valve bouncing) and slam it in to Drive! :rofl: