• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve,

Nankang NS2's simply... suck. :D

I had a mates 245/40/18 nankangs on my R32; straight line grip was worse than my el cheapo 225/50/16's and cornering was very understeery. They were basically new tyres. OH and they were super slippery in the wet both straight line and cornering.

That is compared to my 225/50/16 Federal 535's which are cheap tyres in their own right.

Purely for their poor wet weather performance I wouldn't touch them.

BUT a set of new Nankangs will still grip better than a stuffed set of better tyres so either way they will feel better than what tyres your running now. :)

I'd look at something else.

Ah cheers for feedback joel just sang him and told him iv.e changed my mind again :D he be sick of me by the end of the day lol he said he will do a ring around and see what other skylines are running and get me a decent cheap but good wearing tire the ultimate paradox

I had Federals on the second hand set of 33 stocker rims when i first purchased them, and i must say, they lasted me the longest out of all the 225/50/16 tyres ive ever put on the 33! ... Khumo, Nankang, BobJane, Michelin all lasted nowhere near as long.

Performance/Grip is another thing tho eh!

Edited by MSPEC33

saw cara's 34 the last couple of days out the front of clipsol

yeah i was working in the kitchen on tues and wed.

spotted a white r34 with black rims/nismo front turning from henley beach rd onto south rd, and also on south rd spotted a white with pearl r34 4 door...............looked very nice ;)

Longest lasting tyres... The no longer Simex. They used to be fairly grippy when new but quickly went slippery.

I've had sava's; they chew out really quick and don't offer the same levels of grip in dry and wet that the cheapo federal 535's do.

I don't believe you can get the 535's in the 17's so you may be stuck with 595's which by all means are an awesome tyre but no doubt cost a little more.

As I said.. I was unbelievably disappointed with the NS2 245's; I couldn't believe a cheap 225 would hook up better than Nankangs flagship tyre. :S

Oh come on Moderator and friends........... its not the place to be talking about tyres!! ;) Take it to the wasteland! Don't make me give you a warning Joel :PBJ:

:laughing-smiley-014: