[SA Cars Spotted Thread 2]

N/A®

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bah...does anyone know what they compared and what came out tops overall ?

Surprisingly the STi came out on top. The R34GTR obviously had seriously more power and was faster in a straight line. And the Evo7 is a go-kart on steroids. But when Martin weighed up the prices vs performance vs grey import issues the STi came out the winner. Obviously the GTR is the best car, but at the time it was worth $102k (what John sold it for) so didn't represent the best 'value' overall. I think John sold the Evo7 for something like $65k too which counted against it compared with the cheaper locally available STi.

I will scan in the article for you tomorrow when I get time and you can have a read. Surely they wouldn't get a copyright knickers in a not over a 4 year old article, so I will risk it.

spotted a few of you guys at the csa meet fri nite

and 2 stageas yesterday near morphettville racecourse.......one towing a trailer (now THATS how its done lol)

Spotted a black 34gtt driving down at the end of anzhwy glenelg with the Gt wing detached,

and a white 34 4dr with chrome wheels parked next to the airport motel, at about 10.30

Surprisingly the STi came out on top. The R34GTR obviously had seriously more power and was faster in a straight line. And the Evo7 is a go-kart on steroids. But when Martin weighed up the prices vs performance vs grey import issues the STi came out the winner. Obviously the GTR is the best car, but at the time it was worth $102k (what John sold it for) so didn't represent the best 'value' overall. I think John sold the Evo7 for something like $65k too which counted against it compared with the cheaper locally available STi.

I will scan in the article for you tomorrow when I get time and you can have a read. Surely they wouldn't get a copyright knickers in a not over a 4 year old article, so I will risk it.

:rolleyes: thanks mate !