SAU Community

R34 Gtr Double Din Head Unit Install - Interior Panels / Air Con Unit

Hi everyone,

Am looking at installing a double din DVD unit in my R34 GTR.

Mine came from factory with the TV unit - etc, so has the extra interior panels in the centre column (As per picture, sorry dony have a close up of the centre bit).

For those who have already done the conversion - do you have to source and replace the actual air con unit (as my current one seems a bit smaller than it does on my GTT and other GTR's).

Or is there a different larger facia which you can buy that snaps on to the existing unit?

Cheers in advance.

post-86021-0-35461200-1333809255_thumb.jpg

Edited by iwanta34gtr

The A/C Controls remain and should occupy the DIN slot just below the air vents.

The double-DIN head unit sits below that.

My former VS2 and Matt's current Nur have had the Alpine INA-W900E double-DIN head unit installed.

It's a superb unit with large screen GPS etc

One SAUer in WA was trying to sell his new unit below wholesale > F/S thread

The thin side strips have a brushed titanium look nearly identical to the standard R34 GT-R facia.

If you're not installing it yourself, Daniel of Carbon Car Systems Blacktown has been used by our family several times now Ph 1800.227.252

He does a lot for SAUers

Hi mate, thanks for the response as always.

Im familiar with the placement of the unit, however as I have the extra TV controls - etc in the centre of the dash, i could swear (unless my eyes are playing tricks with me) that the air con units facia appears a bit smaller than it usually would on the other examples without the TV controls?

if you are happy to lose the TV side of it then that unit can come out. the panels are different as well. the AC controls change. you need the non navi units. I can get them at a cost if required.

if you are happy to lose the TV side of it then that unit can come out. the panels are different as well. the AC controls change. you need the non navi units. I can get them at a cost if required.

you only get channel 7 and no picture anyway

Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

I've taken another picture of my centre column to compare it to one without the extra nav unit above it.

The facia on the air con unit is slightly smaller than one without the nav unit, main question is whether the whole air con unit has to be changed for a new one, or whether there is another genuine nissan plastic facia which snaps on to the front of the air con unit to make it the same as the bigger one (as all the controls - etc look the same).

Cheers.

Mine -

post-86021-0-00999300-1333964380_thumb.jpg

Without the nav unit -

post-86021-0-50350400-1333964408_thumb.jpg

Edited by iwanta34gtr

• 3 months later...

Chris, if the Nav unit isn't present is it possible to just insert a double din screen where the former radio and sunglasses compartment were or is the conversion kit required?

Hi mate,

If you already have the air con unit in the correct place, chances are the brackets you have in there can be reused.

Im assuming you have a single din unit with a pocket or similar underneath it. If you remove both, you can see if a double din unit fits in to the screw holes in your current brackets.

Hope this helps.