SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

So are you going to bring it to Texi in June?

And some of these expensive batteries, all it takes is one full drain to kill 'em. I had the same thing happen to my Red Top. Next time I'm just getting a big sealed unit from Big-W. Cheaper in the end even if I have to replace it every two years.

My current battery I bought one a UPS sealed jobbie off a guy here on the forums. Not bad, but could use a bit more current.

So are you going to bring it to Texi in June?

And some of these expensive batteries, all it takes is one full drain to kill 'em. I had the same thing happen to my Red Top. Next time I'm just getting a big sealed unit from Big-W. Cheaper in the end even if I have to replace it every two years.

My current battery I bought one a UPS sealed jobbie off a guy here on the forums. Not bad, but could use a bit more current.

Wouldn't have been off WRXhoon?

this is the website/ebay place I got it from

http://stores.ebay.com.au/ALL-PURPOSE-BATTERIES-ONLINE/12-volt-batteries-/_i.html?_fsub=134846119&_sid=230461229&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

they have actual store in Smeaton grange, go to the lithium batteries section in the left column, super start or ultra lite

the one I have I have let go dead 4-5 times now, I keep forgetting to undo the isolation connection on the terminal, charged it and take car for a drive and it's still working

and I most certainly want a ride in this monster :D

Talking to Yavuz today. He wants to try and squeeze 500 out of this setup. Airbox in place. He reckons there is a little left in it. Lets see how the little Turk goes. I don't think it'll get there

Inspirational

You may have to run this engine in operating hours

The amount of fuel Yavuz uses I'm sure it's safe. I have always said " I don't want it unless I can belt it around a track". It's not a one run screamer! That 472 is only after 9 runs from a totally new ECU. It's hardly "the finished product".

I Don't see why it won't be capable of 500rwkw

I had 1 2860r-5 on my sr and it made 251rwkw at Unigroup on 21psi dropping to 19psi and he thought itll make more power on more boost

SR versions are different to RB26 versions. We have a smaller rear housing.

Talking to Yavuz today. He wants to try and squeeze 500 out of this setup. Airbox in place. He reckons there is a little left in it. Lets see how the little Turk goes. I don't think it'll get there

I simply fail to understand this? 472rwkw is a sh!t load already.

Stop wasting time with the dyno, spend the money on new tyres, battery, diff or whatever it is that you need to drive it and enjoy it Paul!

• Like 1

I simply fail to understand this? 472rwkw is a sh!t load already.

Stop wasting time with the dyno, spend the money on new tyres, battery, diff or whatever it is that you need to drive it and enjoy it Paul!

Farking Ditto !!

While its there it's only another few runs!

Battery is ordered. The biggest farker I can fit. Sick of this oddessy shit!

Diff arrives Monday. Woo!

are the v-spec and non v-spec diffs the same width ?, I thought not cause I was expecting to change the CVs as well but I could be wrong

Some guys you need shafts, others say you don't. I'm a little confused myself.

When I get the housing and diff centre (this week hopefully) ill take it to Award and plonk it on the table.

You shouldn't need to do shafts, the diffs are same width hub to hub and the shafts are the same length.

Just finished sorting out A-LSD delete in a mates 33gtst using a non vspec gtr diff so had everything there to compare.

The sperm whale got strapped to the rollers tonight. Light load tuning of the E85 tune then Yavuz worked his way down to PULP. Final figure on PULP was 425 at 23 psi top end (25 early on). It was making close to 435 but he backed it off. Final cold start on 98 tomorrow, drain tank and one or two more runs on E85. Yavuz brought back the tune on E85 a bee's dick just to make sure it's a happy camper. He said around 460 it should make.

Pick up is tomorrow :D.