SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

Want to see footage of this beast sooner rather than later please :)

I have a few runs on the pump blends that I took last night. I know the last E85 run they will take some video. Ill upload it tonight if I get a chance.

Ive got some footage of it from tonight (only cam phone footage) but just got home :( Went for a run in it tonight (on low boost) and faark me she lights up all 4 285 RSR's in 1st and just rips ya face off! Easily the fastest car ive ever been in. Its a special car Paulie well done son! :)

What's low boost? Who has low boost? Where's the boost ?

Different boost levels for different ethanol contents smarty :P. I figured I may aswell use the features on the controller.

BC OFF which is 20ish psi

"1" Is 20 ish psi but using the controller to bring it on earlier.

"2" is 24-25 early on settling to 23 top end - to be used with ethanol content over 50

"3" is 28 early on setting to about 26 top end.

Yavuz has put a "oh shit, I've left it on 3 and I have a tank full of 98" safeguard into the ECU. Over a certain boost level with under "x" ethanol content and it'll pull 10 degrees of timing.

Only drove it on "1" last night. Felt quite nippy!

Ill try and upload some videos now. It was only the 98 runs.

One thing I did notice was just how much using the boost controller made to the curve!!!! Even with modified actuators, playing with the controller can make as much as 75 kw difference through the midrange. Ill try and dig out some runs next time I'm out there. Damn crappy waste gate creep!

Great build and results .

Might have missed it but what oil are you running with E85?

I'm running Valvoline Racing 50.

VAL104557.jpg?ts=1274757991

^ 1+

You asked for an oil analysis of my Castrol Edge when I dropped mine out a few weeks back, eager to see if this weapon is rocking the same oil as mine

I'll be getting this tested after I do a few Kms. See how it comes out.

I thought you need atleast a API of sn for ethanol fueled cars that oil is sh

This debate is never ending! haha.

My last engine I was running the Motul 300V 15W-50 and people looked at me like I was an alien when I said I was running that. My bearings came out pretty bloody awesome considering what had happened. I never experienced any "jelly" stuff coming out of the sump like some said it would.

What would you recommend?

I'm running Valvoline Racing 50.

VAL104557.jpg?ts=1274757991

I'll be getting this tested after I do a few Kms. See how it comes out.

Awesome, interested to see how this turns out. How is it in price compared to the drug money that Edge is?

Honestly I was expecting all kinds of horribleness to come out of my sump with the conditions I run mine in, but it just looked like regular old oil to me. After all the reading etc I was halfway prepared for sea monkeys to be in the oil when I checked it.