SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

I'm running Valvoline Racing 50.

VAL104557.jpg?ts=1274757991

I'll be getting this tested after I do a few Kms. See how it comes out.

they can't even spell litres how good can it be, just saying, you know what I mean

Any sn rated oil I'm using what we use at work which is caltex 5-40 full synthetic most new quality oils have a sn rating

And your oil most proberly didn't change cause you will proberly need it in long term to have side effects like 8-10000kms which your car doesn't see before a oil change

Mines the same I change mine every 5000kms

Better safe than sorry especially on a engine you spent big on

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update.

Done about 500 kms and used upto boost setting two. It has no problems coming out of a second gear corner at 5000 RPM, get on it and turn tyres. Can't wait to try setting 3 :D.

Car is going back to get the shims readjusted after it's cam and retainer change. It seems to have all settled now and it has one or two noisy ones. Bastard! Rear diff is booked into get its rear diff sorted on the 27th.

• 2 weeks later...

268948_10151953431519852_1047282514_n_zp

Wheels have just been finished. Repainted and touched up like brand new :D.

Just heading out now to pick it up. Had the bucket to cam clearences redone as they everything has settled after the springs were changed.

Rear diff goes in Monday. No more three wheel drive GTR when it wants to be!

Who reco's your wheels?

They look very nice

Bought them through Aaron at Import Monster. Took AGES to find a set. He brought them over and got them touched up. I'll find out but they would have been in Melbourne.

Them wheels are awesome. Let me no when u want to sell them ; D

Never. Never for sale :D

What a nightmare this V spec/mechanical diff conversion is. Car is still out there, got the diff in and my shafts are A) too short and B) the bolt pattern on the flanges are different!!!! Why do Nissan make stuff like this all different!!! I've also put in alloy diff bushes. My original ones were flogged out pretty bad. No more diff floating around now!!!!