SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

yeah my mate also has an evo - 8 mr & that had 300awkw, best way to describe it was like a little angry bulldog...very quick, nimble & changes direction like a go kart...it acutally converted me as i was looking at buying an evo a couple yrs back but i couldnt let my old 32 slide :)

as for pauls car, it seems like he did the rounds yesterday :)

he offered the keys to me as i let him drive my rb30dett when i had it done BUT tbh, that back right wheel scared the hell out of me mate - i was so intrigued so i had to take his offer as a passenger.

so ive been in DARDVL back in 2004 when my mate at Autostyle owned it (over 450awkw with a naaasty t88), my 3ltr which had 405awkw, another mate of mine bought a new r35 which was pure engineering & then there is pauls car...this sperm whale is hard to describe as i didnt feel any lag or 'off boost' as the revs ramp up. those 10.5" wheels struggle & offer no traction at all in 2nd gear. it is body altering, my stomach felt upside down & all of my upper muscles were tense during & after the drive - it was all smiles for me.

the funny thing is whenever u stepped on it, u had to turn it 1/4 turn to the right - i know that the back wheel was out of alignment but this was the same as Domonic Russo's yellow r32 gtr which was making 650awkw where he had to counter steer to keep it straight.

The whole steering angle thing I'm sure is just the rear right pointing in the wrong direction. When in RWD, it'll spin but hold DEAD STRAIGHT.

Marko, we will try again after the new suspension goes in ;)

I have to do the same in a GTST. Something to do with power favouring the drive side??

Got a diff in yours Dave? I would assume you would.

The whole steering angle thing I'm sure is just the rear right pointing in the wrong direction. When in RWD, it'll spin but hold DEAD STRAIGHT.

Marko, we will try again after the new suspension goes in ;)

i'll be waiting - thought about putting a cage in it (for added safety)?

i'll be waiting - thought about putting a cage in it (for added safety)?

Yeah I have, but no. I like the interior factory... That's just hacking it up :(