SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

The funny thing is whenever u stepped on it, u had to turn it 1/4 turn to the right - i know that the back wheel was out of alignment but this was the same as Domonic Russo's yellow r32 gtr which was making 650awkw where he had to counter steer to keep it straight.

GTR's get massive torque steer in the front with decent power. Check out this video (the wheel alignment is spot on), in the first 3 gears it moves over a car length left and then in 4th I actually drive back onto the "racing line"

Edited by SimonR32

an alignment may help that "stepping out" old son

I know, I know. But I wasn't going to pay for an alignment when the suspension is coming out next Monday.

You're replacing them (Nismo's I assume?) with what?

Custom made Bilstiens. That or ill be revalving and springing the Nismo's. Ill know more in a week.

Rightio. The suspension stuff got started today. The sperm whale got weighed and some of the geometry measurements taken today. The porkie pig comes in at 1580 Kg with 1/4 tank of fuel. A little lighter than I thought. The only thing I have taken out is the spare wheel, jack and some of the boot lining. Apart from that it's all standard.

FC872F61-6E4E-47C9-8B47-F98E1F01BA01-662

74F8DCD0-DFD7-4B30-B5E4-D508B9FDFC4A-662

11ty strings everywhere. Tomorrow the shocks will come out so they can measure travel of this that and the other then go away and put together a combo. It'll be basiccally setup for "tarmac rally" which is pretty much what i'm doing with it. Hillclimbs and goat tracks like Wakefield park. Turn around time is between 2 and 4 weeks depending on what Bilstien has in the country.

Well isnt the r34 the heaviest of the gtrs?

Wat lap times u aiming for at wakefield?

Yeah they are, but an extra 20 Kg IIRC.

Times, who knows. I did a 1:10.02 revving to 5000 RPM last year. I solid 1:06 would be nice. It's the muppet behind the wheel that needs to practice :P

the 33 is the heaviest, my 34 came in at 1480 with 1/3 tank, but the tar was removed before I brought it

I remember your blue 34 in the garage.. Very nice.

I could have sworn the 32 was the only Gtr under 1500kgs

that is also what I thought/read