SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

83747408-BDED-481D-A4E9-C644DF3AA119-142

Picture I took this morning with all the covers on. Still need to order a new radiator shroud though.

Also one of those radiator deflector thingos to cover up the horns and A/C fan etc :)

Stop being a lazy fkr and come pick it up :)

Yeah, ill get there!. Time has not been on my side! Grr.

Question for you Nick. Where is your GT PRO set to? Mines at Medium and it's one aggressive mofo. I may need to back it off a tad.

Also one of those radiator deflector thingos to cover up the horns and A/C fan etc :)

I need to find an ARC one. Not a fan of homo carbon crap.

I was trying to get an ARC one originally but come across my Alloy one on Ebay randomly! Was already sprayed black too :woot:

Black... The new... Shiney? Lol

I remember when first speaking to Alex @ Plazmaman about 3 years ago and i was ordering the stealth kit and he said that Black was to be the new Chrome :P Its Black Bling!

Yeah, ill get there!. Time has not been on my side! Grr.

Question for you Nick. Where is your GT PRO set to? Mines at Medium and it's one aggressive mofo. I may need to back it off a tad.

Id have to check with the boys that installed it, im not too sure

raidator guide

tits on a bull

Not when you are talking about the cosmetic stock looking finish! When you pop the bonnet and look down it look a bit average without it! He has gone so far with the presentation it might as well be finished off properly ;)

question, how does the air get to the air box intake if you block the airs path from the grill with the radiator guide ?

You can see the big gap in mine so it would still flow plenty of air... Although I haven't worked out a snorkel setup for mine as I wasn't clever enough to use a stock airbox :(

Oh yeah, scrap that idea!

Im sure brad at profab would be able to fab one up out of sheet ally and in corporate a funnel to the air intake from the front grill.

Then just paint it or powder coat it the new shiney lol.

Im sure brad at profab would be able to fab one up out of sheet ally and in corporate a funnel to the air intake from the front grill.

Then just paint it or powder coat it the new shiney lol.

:yes:

Mine had a shield/guide but it also had a 100mm hole in the guard with some NACA duct tubbing from under the air filter shield to the front grill, plus there is a heap of air voids around the front headlight to allow air to flow inside the air box if it has a opening on the front side behind the headlights.

No good for the ARC box I believe though, but good for a enclosed pod set up.

LOL, just saying.

question, how does the air get to the air box intake if you block the airs path from the grill with the radiator guide ?

Rightio. SO after 2 days of 11ty strings around and under the car, deflection gauges, tape measures, more strings, more measuring and even MORE STRINGS, I have a piece of paper with words and graphs. 7 pages of graphs and jargon that I hardly know what it meant.

From what I CAN gather from it. I will need to purchase a roll centre adjuster setup for the front. the HICAS lockout bar needs to be moved up 10ish mm to help eliminate bump steer in the rear. (Design fault possibly). The shocks will be Bilstien with a PSS9 body - That's where the similarity will end. From then on its all Dejan's specs. His valving, gas, spring and oil combo. People may laugh, but the spring rate in these will be about 20 KG/mm BUT it will be very pleasant on the street. They will be height adjustable and damper adjustable.

A little bit of testing and these will be available for R33 GTR's as a bolt in kit.