SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

And not holding pressure. You can see the pressure dropping off until the secondary feed comes into play at a certain duty cycle. The noise it's making is strange. Not there all the time.

Anyone else had issues with 044's? I haven't heard of any???!!?

I blamed my 044 at the nats and said it was at fault, turns out it wasnt and the sound change was the super hot fuel from the shit injectors! My surge and pumps were red hot!

The same pump lives strong today, mine constantly switch on/off as its staged off boost but so far no problem at all! I think 044 failures are not a common thing!

I blamed my 044 at the nats and said it was at fault, turns out it wasnt and the sound change was the super hot fuel from the shit injectors! My surge and pumps were red hot!

The same pump lives strong today, mine constantly switch on/off as its staged off boost but so far no problem at all! I think 044 failures are not a common thing!

Thing is, the noise happens from dead cold after not using the car for weeks.

Thing is, the noise happens from dead cold after not using the car for weeks.

Oh :/ That is not something i have heard then... I had all sorts of fuel issues, but certainly not what you describe...

I changed the secondary pump to the primary, noise gone and rail pressure was higher. Still holds pressure on song.

Either way, two new 044's are gonna be put in. Fuel is not something I wanna f**k around with.

I changed the secondary pump to the primary, noise gone and rail pressure was higher. Still holds pressure on song.

Either way, two new 044's are gonna be put in. Fuel is not something I wanna f**k around with.

Sounds like a good plan! Maybe ditch the old one and sell the good one as a lot of guys run the single in tank to get the GTST's to 350ish kw etc....

On a build like yours, overkill is never enough! My fuel system is WAY bigger than ill ever need but being its so important i went nuts with it! Shuddup and Take My Money was the approach i took :P