SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

After speaking to Terry at award, he said for the love of god, use a sprung centre. It doesn't matter what box you have behind it, a bit of give in the driveline goes along way.

Exedy is dreadful, based on running a twin plate in past - yuk

pretty much more brutal than my os giken triple plate & that is saying something

ive never driven a coppermix but that will change when you're back on the road :)

That surprises me, I have the Exedy twin in my 32 and the triple in my 34 and find both very very easy to drive, the triple is a bit noisy though

Paul, what happened to the email you where sending me about payment for said boxes ?

11.5 ;)

29th of October last year. All good.

But yeah, I'm itching to get it out.

cant believe you just didn't wack on standard box in the meantime and use the car

Question......all the E85 in the sperm whale would be totally wasted am I right and battery included too?

cant believe you just didn't wack on standard box in the meantime and use the car

Question......all the E85 in the sperm whale would be totally wasted am I right and battery included too?

I had a box sitting in the garage since Australia Day. It. Never made it in the car because it's been sitting at my mates workshop getting the boot seam welded and shit. I won't bother putting it in now lol.

I made sure there was no ethanol in the tank. Drove around diluting it until it was E0. The battery have been on trickle charge in the workshop :)

After speaking to Terry at award, he said for the love of god, use a sprung centre. It doesn't matter what box you have behind it, a bit of give in the driveline goes along way.

Personally, I would be have written correspondence from OS-Giken confirming what clutch you should or shouldn't run. A friend was one of the first to run one in his car and when it went pop they OS Giken Japan blamed the sprung clutch. IIFC his was a dog sequential not helical so may make the difference between being open to using a sprung centre if you are going helical

Personally, I would be have written correspondence from OS-Giken confirming what clutch you should or shouldn't run. A friend was one of the first to run one in his car and when it went pop they OS Giken Japan blamed the sprung clutch. IIFC his was a dog sequential not helical so may make the difference between being open to using a sprung centre if you are going helical

What broke exactly ?

Would you happen to have details of car, ie power, capacity etc

This troubles me, if I'm forking out this kind of coin on a box I really don't want to hear they are breaking unless it was on some massive monster of a car

The ones we are looking at are dog engagement helical cut sequentials with straight cut reverse

I have also long suspected sprung centers have no place in high powered car or need to have stronger springs so they don't bind

That's a very valid point, Pete.

Maybe just throw a R3C at it and be done with it.

Also, Brett pointed out that the OS88 is a push type setup. Which means that my pull type coppermix wouldn't have worked anyway.

What a cock in the bum hole!

• 3 weeks later...