SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

This would speed up the process ;)

Rightio.

I've been offered $19 K with a working head that has V cam. If it's not sold on here it will go to this certain guy, he just can't do it at the moment. So I'm not fussed if it doesn't move.

Might sound like a lot but

GT block - two on here for sale for $10k

Stroker - another $7k

Head cost me $11k

Marcus also sold his engine that was very similar just in a N1 block for $18K iirc two weeks ago.

Rightio.

I've been offered $19 K with a working head that has V cam. If it's not sold on here it will go to this certain guy, he just can't do it at the moment. So I'm not fussed if it doesn't move.

Stroker - another $7k

Head cost me $11k

Marcus also sold his engine that was very similar just in a N1 block for $18K iirc two weeks ago.

ah so Marcus finally sold his engine

Almost took him a year

Also yeah that's a lot Paul :D

Rightio.

Stroker - another $7k

Head cost me $11k

Try build it for that price though, good luck!

ah so Marcus finally sold his engine

Almost took him a year

Also yeah that's a lot Paul :D

I bet your motor probably cost as much and you got stock crank, stock springs & lower than factory compression ratio and blowy poncams ;) Edited by Mick_o

I bet your motor probably cost as much and you got stock crank, stock springs & lower than factory compression ratio and blowy poncams ;)

Nup. My motor cost a LOT less than that lol.

Rightio.

Stroker - another $7k

Head cost me $11k

Paul it went for a fair bit more than that plus a stock engine and all gear to turn my car back to stock.

Wasn't advertised, just word of mouth and went to very appreciative owner.

What people don't get is that to get the sort of responsive power that Pauls engine has costs $$$ and time.

Anyone can build a peak power engine but to build one that gives you that nice big fat torque hit sorts the real engine builders out from the wannabees. Straight line grunt, pfft...you want a drivers car that gives race engine performance every time the loud pedal gets touched and will do it all day long.

You can bang your head all day arguing the point but proof is best kept to actual bum in seat feel but all passengers must wear a nappy as you'll soon get sick of cleaning shit stains off the passenger seat.

What Paul's planning now will be a very special and unique package and engines like these are far and few between because there are no short cuts, plain and simple they cost $$$, a lot of time and frustration.

• Like 1

What Paul's planning now will be a very special and unique package and engines like these are far and few between because there are no short cuts, plain and simple they cost $$$, a lot of time and frustration.

this ^ has now got me intrigued

Im gonna guess and say that he's going for RB 3.5, with GTX2863r with -5 comp housings, OS88 tranny in an R34 GTR

Yeah the next package will be pure insanity and super special i cant wait!

I can tell you from the drivers seat that the 2.8L is absolutely insane it free revs like an roadbike engine! A tiny blip on the throttle and the needle shoots off to redline as quick as you can blink! In any gear from 2nd gear and 4000rpm HANG THE f**k ON to that steering wheel as shit around you gets blurry and things start coming up REALLY fast!

Ive been in all kinds of wound up stock 2.6s and nothing is remotely as ferocious as this thing is! If you think that your 500kw 2.6L will touch this car you're dreaming as it just makes grunt like nothing I've ever experienced its sad to see it go as it really is a rare engine and theres definitely not another engine around like this thing.

• Like 1