SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

• 5 weeks later...

Ok guys.

A wreck for a 33 GTR for reasonable money is proving harder to find so I've decided to keep the whale for a bit longer... The R34 dream is not dead, just delayed.

So I picked the car up today after being in a panel shop for 18 months. Car ran beautiful for 500M and had a fit. Had to get it towed. Wouldn't even start! Micky Hill came to the rescue and we towed it to Unigroup. Thanks a lot mate!

On the side of the road I changed plugs and 3,4 and 5 came out soaking wet. Injectors are f**ked.

Towed it to Unigroup and that was confirmed. The plan is to throw ANSU 1750 cc stainless injectors in and run her up. OS88 with the R3C will be installed also.

What a farken pain in the ass. Don't let the cars sit around too long. Fuel system hates it!

• Like 1

Ok guys.

A wreck for a 33 GTR for reasonable money is proving harder to find so I've decided to keep the whale for a bit longer... The R34 dream is not dead, just delayed.

So I picked the car up today after being in a panel shop for 18 months. Car ran beautiful for 500M and had a fit. Had to get it towed. Wouldn't even start! Micky Hill came to the rescue and we towed it to Unigroup. Thanks a lot mate!

On the side of the road I changed plugs and 3,4 and 5 came out soaking wet. Injectors are f**ked.

Towed it to Unigroup and that was confirmed. The plan is to throw ANSU 1750 cc stainless injectors in and run her up. OS88 with the R3C will be installed also.

What a farken pain in the ass. Don't let the cars sit around too long. Fuel system hates it!

Glad to see you are going to get to use your car again and putting the OS88 in :thumbsup:

Wait did I miss something? Why was it in the panel shop?

Rear pods and side skirts needed a touch up after 2012 nationals. The airport smashed them

Marko, it was diluted to E0 before I dropped it off in Feb 2014. Put some 98 in it around July last year. With the in/out/in /out of the workshop it chewed it all. Some martini E85 got chucked in.

Either way, injectors are f**ked as.

Oh well. It is what it is. New injectors and box in.

The "other card" will have to wait for a bit. Stay tuned ;).

• Like 1