SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

14 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

Well, guys get all excited about a billet wheel being lighter.... but most of the weight is in the turbine wheel. The efr wheel is half the weight of a normal inconel wheel.  

Removal of all the small piping and super tight bends of the intake and exhaust. Just look at it all, it's hardly designed for MASS airflow. Put a pressure sensor on the intake of a 450 kw gtr and I bet it's pulling bulk vacuum. Dyson would be impressed.

Haha, Piglets rebuild of his busted Dyson :D

34 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

I wonder why BMW went with all the hassle of twins on a straight 6 motor instead of a slightly larger single? 

I guess they wanted to make it laggier. I mean, 1400 rpm is pretty shit response - A single would be on idle for sure. 

I bet a cheeseburger that their packaging is not a spitting image of the RB26 configuration.  A huge amount of my argument against low mount twins in a GTR when any kind of flow is needed has to do with the packaging.  

Edited by Lithium

Just now, Lithium said:

I bet a cheeseburger that their packaging is not a spitting image of the RB26 configuration.  A huge amount of my argument against low mount twins in a GTR when any kind of flow is needed has to do with the packaging.  

Yep 100% you can't get a bigger exhaust housing on to those stock manifolds and the rear intake in rubbish.

Would like to see some low mounted EFR's on customer manifolds.

13 minutes ago, Lithium said:

"When any kind of flow is needed" means different things to different people. 

I think you guys need to go back and read some of your own posts from 10yrs ago on here and see how you were reacting to 300-350rwkw back in the day.

For those power levels, even today, twins are fine for a mildly driven street car. Does that mean there are not better solutions? Of course not, it's been a decade of tech advancement, but the argument seems to boil down to "did you know that if you spend more time and money you will get a better result?!".

No shit lol

Edited by ActionDan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, acsplit said:

Yep 100% you can't get a bigger exhaust housing on to those stock manifolds and the rear intake in rubbish.

Would like to see some low mounted EFR's on customer manifolds.

Artec do a 0.85 T28 ass.

4 hours ago, Lithium said:

9180 would do for now :D

Hows that build of yours going?

Sick f**king work Piggy, looking forward to seeing the final result - but you're already smashing it. Can't wait for the data, and for you to finally be able to get out there and do awesome shit with it.  I remember the OTP discussion we had back in 2013 where you were challenging me to think of any RB setup with response and power like your own, bet you wouldn't have expected your own car to end up with a single turbo on the exact same engine and as a result stand up harder earlier than it ever did before? :D  

f**king kudos to having the Insight involved to get a great thing even better.

Honorary mention gotta go to the drunken conversations with the Wild the sphincter of the universe Rare Breed.

* This post sponsored by the SAU language filter

Slowly getting there. Wiring was completed last week so a little more fab then it can get some fluids and a tune :)

• Like 1

I'm curious what spark plug gaps you are running with the Godzilla motorsport kit?

I might need new coilpacks and was thinking this kit over the conventional splitfires.

In the search your the only guy i saw that runs the Godzilla R35 billet coil pack kit, so curious on your opinion on why you went these over spitfires.

9 minutes ago, blah_blah said:

I'm curious what spark plug gaps you are running with the Godzilla motorsport kit?

I might need new coilpacks and was thinking this kit over the conventional splitfires.

In the search your the only guy i saw that runs the Godzilla R35 billet coil pack kit, so curious on your opinion on why you went these over spitfires.

I'll have to get back to you on that. Some plug that Scott uses. It's a heat range 9 with a funny tip. I thought I took a photo but I can't find it.

Actually i just saw this in a comments Facebook section of the Godzilla Motorsport page which to me was interesting.

So i spose its just for cars to run high power reliably without a breakdown in spark. Rather than what i thought of larger gap better bang/performance

Bruce Sullivan What plug gap can you run with these ? Can you get away with 1.1 for around the 450AWKW's ? 
Cheers

LikeShow more reactions
 · Reply · May 28, 2016 at 7:43pm
Remove
Godzilla Motorsport
Godzilla Motorsport No turbo engine should ever run 1.1mm gap . That is only for na engines

LikeShow more reactions

· Reply · May 30, 2016 at 5:52pm