SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

chicken wing thing got me stumped , arm out the window ? Mate of mine just about lost his arm doing this in his VW 55 years ago , pissed :)

I thought it might be the same trannie , you blokes talked me into doing mine :)

They said my motor was finished and I have asked for a photo a couple of times, but nothing in 2 days, maybe bullshit , when they did anything they would send a photo without being asked , so ?

According to the motec datalogging, front diff damage was always done under brakes because the 4WD hadn't let go quick enough

Moral is, if doing hellies, don't stop :D

the good thing is Mick, this cannot happen to me because I do not know what hellies are, what are hellies , sounds like getting the front wheels in the air ?

Hope my Quaife is strong enough :/

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish

That was just to make up my mind what I wanted... And save for it. Lol

I know I know. 20 large ain't gonna just come overnight

I would still have wacked in a temp box in the meantime and enjoy driving the car

I know I know. 20 large ain't gonna just come overnight

I would still have wacked in a temp box in the meantime and enjoy driving the car

I had one. XKLABA gave me one to whack in. However, the car is sitting at my mates old mans workshop getting minor stuff like side skirts and front bar repainted. Unfortunately nothing happens there very fast (been there almost 12 months soon). It's been that long that I almost forget that I own the thing. All good... Will be back on the road soon enough.

Better get your mates Dad to get his finger out, should have your Box soon and driving before Xmas :)

According to the motec datalogging, front diff damage was always done under brakes because the 4WD hadn't let go quick enough

Moral is, if doing hellies, don't stop :D

If your foot is off the throttle and you are braking why would it cause a problem, is it because they were not really built to be a 4WD in the first place ?

I forget the specifics but generally when you jam the brakes on hard trunk g into a corner after a full noise stint and the 4WD is still loaded up the two forces going different ways quite effectively removes the front diff housing, I have seen this happen a couple of times :(

I forget the specifics but generally when you jam the brakes on hard trunk g into a corner after a full noise stint and the 4WD is still loaded up the two forces going different ways quite effectively removes the front diff housing, I have seen this happen a couple of times :(

Is this only if you modify the trannie or with a standard one ?

Sounds like it would go, BANG! :(

I doubt it would ever happen to me as I will not be putting it under those conditions, but would the Quaife front diff make any difference , better , worse or just the same ?

post-52098-0-25734700-1421871196_thumb.jpg