SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

*cough* trackday next month, and give nick keys *cough*

Hahaha

34s are stupid money for a heavier car....

Who gives a turd. They're such a better looking car.

• Like 1

Gearbox goes out on Wednesday.

Turns out the baskets collapsed in the top of the injector. Seems to be a pretty big issue with 2000's.

New (different style) baskets in and it runs like a Swiss watch.

They have been flowed back up. All spot on. I'll take some photos and explain what's happening on Wedneaday night.

Joeys got flowed up and had the same issue but not as bad.

So I picked the car up today after being in a panel shop for 18 months. Car ran beautiful for 500M and had a fit. Had to get it towed. Wouldn't even start! Micky Hill came to the rescue and we towed it to Unigroup. Thanks a lot mate!

No worries, glad to help out

Also glad to see you putting the box in it and enjoying it for awhile, I even think you will beat me at this point as I am waiting for a few things to come though

Bit of an update.

The 5 speed should be out of it today. I dropped out transfer case oil, gearbox oil, coolant, engine oil and 60 L of fresh E85 so the guys can run it up to make sure it's all happy days. As much as I hate paying for them to change the oil it's just too much of a hassle to do it while it's out there. The guys also did me a huge favour to open up the workshop at 6 PM on Sunday to take it in. The quicker it's out the better.

I picked up a modified transfer case from Award today. I asked Terry how much difference there is between a stock one and this, his reply was "heaps". Should be interesting.

It also looks like atleast my primary 044 has kicked the bucket again! It got started last night from dead cold, AFR's were 15.8-16.2 and from memory the fuel pressure was a tad low. Just above 2.1 ish bar at idle, I remember it sitting a bit above 2.5.I've had this issue before and turned out to be a lazy fuel pump. Grrrrr. Time for one big single pump I think. Suggestions?

Progress shots should filter through tomorrow.

it will help if you clearance a little of the tinwork around the reverse lockout fitting on the LHS of the box as it gets very close to the body. Alternatively, just leave it out and get rid of the whole reverse lockout mechanism. Just need to plug up the whole with the right bolt/fitting ;)

Something like this Paul? http://www.aftermarketindustries.com.au/fuel-pumps--accessories-c3/holley-dominator-1800-p92/

I know its technically 2 pumps in one but at least its rated for e85 and wont die. Plus you can still run it staged like your current setup to keep the fuel cool.

It's the same one I have going in :)