SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

These results give me a little tingly feeling in my balls thinking what the -5's will be like on my 30/26. Obviously provided it's setup as brilliantly well as yours is.

Hats off to you for your perseverance with it! Now the fun begins (driving it!).

Enjoy!

I think you need a 4wd dyno to do the final power output.

Do you know how much timing your running?? not sure if you know, when running tight squish you dont need the timing and if you put timing in it does not like it and what AFR is the tune to under full load?

I think you need a 4wd dyno to do the final power output.

Do you know how much timing your running?? not sure if you know, when running tight squish you dont need the timing and if you put timing in it does not like it and what AFR is the tune to under full load?

I can't answer that Bobby. I will find out specifics later on as the tune is not finished. it only had 9 runs or so. I dare say the AFR's will be a little richer then what you like ;)

As for 4WD dyno. Wanna spot me a run up on yours? :P

These results give me a little tingly feeling in my balls thinking what the -5's will be like on my 30/26. Obviously provided it's setup as brilliantly well as yours is.

Hats off to you for your perseverance with it! Now the fun begins (driving it!).

Enjoy!

Was lucky enough to take a mates 26/30 for a belt in Melbourne with dash 5's built by rp

300rwkw at 3000rpm

You will love it

Enjoy!

A fair bit of thought went into it all. I think the interesting thing is the cam duration. They are not massive lumpy grumpy things!

Having seen a sorted 30 with 5's on the same dyno.... providing it's sorted, you're in for something special ;)

What is the deficit going from rwkw to awkw in your experience Bobby?

300rwkw at 1400rpm less than Paul's is insane!!!

Didn't your mate Deimar do a test at CRD one day and there was 2 KW in it?

that member repetition looks to be a virus - i saw the same thing a few pages back.

sorry paul, ive even tried to edit my post & the site wont accept which is odd.

not sure about diemars experience but i did get some figures from crd when i asked him a while ago.

i'll try again clean up that shitty post of mine

were your cams dialed in?

Zero zero... We only did 9 runs from a totally new ECU and that's what it spat out.

They will have a tickle this week to see what it does. If it takes away from the midrange I don't want it!

Zero zero... We only did 9 runs from a totally new ECU and that's what it spat out.

They will have a tickle this week to see what it does. If it takes away from the midrange I don't want it!

I mean when the motor was build! since the cams are custom, its why i asked if cams have been dialed in to find zero? if not, i think its a good idea to know where the cams should be before playing with them

I mean when the motor was build! since the cams are custom, its why i asked if cams have been dialed in to find zero? if not, i think its a good idea to know where the cams should be before playing with them

We know where they are at zero zero. Yavuz set the loves up where he thinks they should be.... Not to say a degree here or there might make the difference.

Lets see what next week brings ;)

Geeeez looks like that port work on the head is doing the trick...

Who would have thought HKS knew what they were doing :/

But did they? its had the super special cams and springs changed in....

Edit: of course they know, but is it better than something that could of been done locally, as yavuz deemed it necessary to make these changes

Edited by jangles

Its hard to quantify any gains from port work without doing back to back tests. You really need to do a stock head with all the same bolt ons. Then try a worked head with all the same bits and compare results. However, not many people actually have the time or money to try that exactly.

Everyone gets tempted by changes when they have the engine apart lol.

Its hard to quantify any gains from port work without doing back to back tests. You really need to do a stock head with all the same bolt ons. Then try a worked head with all the same bits and compare results. However, not many people actually have the time or money to try that exactly.

Everyone gets tempted by changes when they have the engine apart lol.

Well nothing changed apart from the head, cams and an extra 0.5mm on the pistons. ECU did but meh