SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

Bonnet was up today so I thought i'd take a happy snap. Fuse box cover was off and also the cam gear + valley cover was off but this is what 470 rwkw looks like.

B31D5411-51E1-4B57-88D5-FC25BCB1CEA5-296

you should try and get the nismo air cleaner for your car (although I think you may need nismo intake pipe to match :O)

Besides that the engine bay is really nice (I like the nismo plenum)

Edited by Ants

you should try and get the nismo air cleaner for your car (although I think you may need nismo intake pipe to match :O)

Besides that the engine bay is really nice (I like the nismo plenum)

I like my $10 paper job haha!!!

Nah, bugger that pipe. So expensive.

Ill get another photo this week with all the covers on. Looks so much more complete!

Hey Paulie,

Next time you have the snorkle off can you take a pic and send it to me? I've been meaning for ages to put the stock airbox back in and delete my Pods. But like you I don't have AFM's anymore.

Thanks.

Out of interest, I appreciate that no two engines are alike but any thoughts on the Tomei 2.8L kit vs Step 0 or Step 1 HKS Kits?

Depends on what the cars going to be used for really, I am using the HKS Step Zero in mine and it's all good so far

One for Robbo. :)

DFE492DD-7696-4879-9F78-EE90BA9AF704-325

This one is an interesting one. This is my first ever tune with the GT RS's about 4 years ago and this current setup. I'm making the RS "peak torque" numbers at the end of my graph now.

273BB74F-61E7-4801-A5CC-8D15A53B52AF-325

This just goes to show how inferior the GTR's are compared -5's.

That first graph of yours Paul is just incredible. Congrats again on such a great tune and set-up mate.

Depends on what the cars going to be used for really, I am using the HKS Step Zero in mine and it's all good so far

If its another Dart build, it should be good for a long time yet Nick

Thanks mate :)

Was out there today obviously. Yavuz was doing the light/medium load stuff. One of two more bulldog power runs then the they will work there way down through the petrol blends.

Question. For those of you who have removed the standard heat exhcanger, what did you do with the oil temp sensor? Pressure is sweet as we can put them into the sammich plate.

my temp sensor goes into the 2nd bung on my sammich plate as I has no heat exchanger crap

I'm having a pressure sensor back to the ECU, so that will be off that port you put your temp into.