SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

Lovely T curve, when you change at 65 it should put you right in the fatty area of the T.

I am super keen to watch and listen to this thing punch through the gears.

Be careful with that gearbox.

Lovely T curve, when you change at 65 it should put you right in the fatty area of the T.

I am super keen to watch and listen to this thing punch through the gears.

Be careful with that gearbox.

It's an OS 5 speed with a billet centre plate. I would want to cope with the power. A bit of mechanical sympathy goes a long way ;). Bugger 1st gear but. That takes it like a whore!

you remember my sandwich plate has 2 spots though. so one for pressure and one for temp.

Otherwise maybe u need an inline temp sensor if such a thing exists, but that would only work if the thermostat was always 10-20% open

you remember my sandwich plate has 2 spots though. so one for pressure and one for temp.

Otherwise maybe u need an inline temp sensor if such a thing exists, but that would only work if the thermostat was always 10-20% open

Yeah that is what i am going to do. Assuming its a Greddy adapter you have 2 spare bungs and Greddy in Sydney have the adapters in stock :)

Little update. I was out there yesterday and all the oil cooler plumbing has been (re)done. It was an abortion how it was thrown together before the nationals. Oil pressure sensor is now wired into the ECU so ill have some cutoff if something happens. Today's job was to stage the feed pumps. Tyres also arrived. Apart from the flex tune it's done! Pickup Friday I'd say.

Here is a quick video of it idling warm. Idle speed is about 950 RPM. http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u457/Ptriffitt/431B53FB-80D9-4FBE-BF1B-4D7EA42C50DC-9363-000001CBDE8AD41C_zps6979879e.mp4

Being the "standard homo" that I am, I'm gonna leave it how it is instead of mega grumpy. It almost sounds like a standard car with an exhaust!

Cool.

I see that your car has twin exhaust pipes instead of the usual cannon style muffler.

Is that to try and keep errrrrr.......more standard look?

Cool.

I see that your car has twin exhaust pipes instead of the usual cannon style muffler.

Is that to try and keep errrrrr.......more standard look?

That's how I bought the exhaust. It's a Racepace twin 3 inch and I don't think they make anything with that look.

Nice to see the car beginning to take shape Paul. I've seen it a few times in there, last time when Mark had the cam covers off working his magic.

Liking the result with the Black Box too - Yavuz has been chatting to me about this being an option. Are you just running dual map, or gone the E-Flex route?

Nice to see the car beginning to take shape Paul. I've seen it a few times in there, last time when Mark had the cam covers off working his magic.

Liking the result with the Black Box too - Yavuz has been chatting to me about this being an option. Are you just running dual map, or gone the E-Flex route?

That would have been the valve springs.

Full Ethanol Content Sensor. Bugger that duel map stuff.

May have to probe you about your flex setup so I have some ideas when I turn to that route too.

Not sure if you've been down there the past week, but you've probably seen the blue 34 lazing about not doing much.

Seen it mate, nice car.

Yep no problem. Any of the boys will be able to fill you in on the setup.