SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

Why did you build a 2.8 and use an n1 pump haha, was lucky you made it that long without letting go!

I bought the car off a mate like that. That engine was built in 2005. It was always the one thing that I was worried about.

And I kept telling ya I had a tomei one under the bed with your name on it whenever you wanted it.

On a serious note, could the damage to the box have been done previously (pre this engine rebuild) when possibly the owner gave the car a bit of hiding now and again.

I'm talking possible microscopic stress fractures that may not have been visible during the boxes recent rebuild and with the new sandwich plate and diffs maybe no torsional give, well something gave.

Maybe time to pull that black carbon giant dildo out again that could help with torsional loading ???

Whats the damage diagnosis ?

And I kept telling ya I had a tomei one under the bed with your name on it whenever you wanted it.

On a serious note, could the damage to the box have been done previously (pre this engine rebuild) when possibly the owner gave the car a bit of hiding now and again.

I'm talking possible microscopic stress fractures that may not have been visible during the boxes recent rebuild and with the new sandwich plate and diffs maybe no torsional give, well something gave.

Maybe time to pull that black carbon giant dildo out again that could help with torsional loading ???

Whats the damage diagnosis ?

Marcus, I built this box about 5 years ago when I smashed the OEM box. That was a shock loading through my own fault.

That big dildo is long gone. Stupid POS!

Need to get it out and inspect. If (hoping) the gearset has survived (not liking my chances) ill put new bearings through it and whatever has failed then screw it back together, but from what Terry has said, it's a shock loading more than likely. When I did it, I'm not sure.

Not sure when I'll get to it with Xmas and shit coming up. The plan is ill wash it and drain the E85 out of it and flush with some 98. The car ain't going anywhere so ill just take my time.

Marcus, I built this box about 5 years ago when I smashed the OEM box. That was a shock loading through my own fault.

That big dildo is long gone. Stupid POS!

Need to get it out and inspect. If (hoping) the gearset has survived (not liking my chances) ill put new bearings through it and whatever has failed then screw it back together, but from what Terry has said, it's a shock loading more than likely. When I did it, I'm not sure.

Not sure when I'll get to it with Xmas and shit coming up. The plan is ill wash it and drain the E85 out of it and flush with some 98. The car ain't going anywhere so ill just take my time.

.... :(

We already told you to get an Air Shifted HKS box........... stop being a pussy

And i dont care if you cant downshift :P

Is that what we decided? I don't remember.... No idea why! :D

What about this mad RH9 box : http://www.rh9.or.jp/original-product/products-list_mission.html

The one at the top of the page. Chuck the link into google translate as can't be bothered translating as been speaking too much ping pong of late and on the beers.