SAU Community

Piglet's Rebuild Of His Busted Tomei 2.8

Some sort of progress.

Emailed PPG yesterday and asked if they will do a straight cut 1-4, helical 5th synchro box for me. They said yes!

Waiting on pricing.

They did say, it would be a good idea to go to the bigger input which will mean clutch modification, so ill male some calls with that tomorrow.

When you removed the Active LSD did you have any issues with the ABS not working anymore? Did you replace the ABS computer or leave in the one it already had?

No issues with ABS at all.

When I changed the front diff it played havoc with the rear though.

Some sort of progress.

Emailed PPG yesterday and asked if they will do a straight cut 1-4, helical 5th synchro box for me. They said yes!

Waiting on pricing.

They did say, it would be a good idea to go to the bigger input which will mean clutch modification, so ill male some calls with that tomorrow.

So will it be syncro straight cut 1-4 helical 5th?

So will it be syncro straight cut 1-4 helical 5th?

Yeah mate.

Not keen on dogs and I can deal with a bit of noise in the lower gears.

Apparantly PAR do what I'm after but I want a PPG set.

This set will use all the Series 3 33 gear inside, so servicing shouldn't be a drama.

Should have a price tomorrow.

At the end of the day, it's still a street car with full interior. I don't mind chucking the keys around, so if I have a hard to use/expensive to repair box, it sorta takes the "easy to drive" away from it.

Will the straight cut fix the 2-3 issue if it's still syncro? From my time with the dog box think I'd rather the dog gears than straight cut especially at your power level shifting speed is so much quicker. After some practice u get pretty smooth mine lasted 4 years and probably 15k km's without issues or servicing until I sold it.

Will the straight cut fix the 2-3 issue if it's still syncro? From my time with the dog box think I'd rather the dog gears than straight cut especially at your power level shifting speed is so much quicker. After some practice u get pretty smooth mine lasted 4 years and probably 15k km's without issues or servicing until I sold it.

Bah. The guy misunderstood me with what I wanted. They won't do the "mix n match". He is trying to sell me the dog set, saying his old lady drives it no problems.

:(