SAU Community

Major Oil Leak Help!

Samgrainger32

Ok so this is it I've had a oil leak in my r32 gts4 since I've had it (4weeks) and I have had it with putting card borde and shit under my car :( I have located the leak coming from just under the the manifold at the rear of the motor I can see it dripping down under the manifold on it my external waste gate I got a mirror and I can see the oil forming on the bottom of the manifold bolts but can oil come from there and if not whats around that area that the oil

Could leak from?? HELP!!!

Have a look above the manifold. It is extremely common for the rockers to leak.

^^^this is where it will be coming from, replace both rocker cover gaskets including the half moon seals and that will fix it

• 2 months later...

I was going to sugest your oil drain line from your turbo.

Give it a good clean with degreaser and a high pressure hose, get it as clean as you can.

Then start having a look and see were it is coming from.

Could be the gasket has poped, or a bolt isn't tight enough and the prssure is casuing it to come out when the engine is running.

yeah thats what i first thought so i replaced the gasket, degreased the shit out of it and lay under the car with it running and i could see oil slowly bubbling out from one of the bolts that goes through the turbo core into the compressor housing. I couldnt get a socket or spanner up there to tighten the bastard up tho. Also seems to be leaking from above the manifold at the back some where. The joys of a 23yr old rb20det i guess

i got this problem also have you done a 100k service on the car yet, its a O ring seal that needs to be replaced which gets replaced when you do a 100k service, most ppl know the name of this seal but i forgot it hope some one can elaborate on that

yea thats it the cam and crank shaft seals should be replaced with that 200k service but its also called 100k , which water pump crank and cam pully and seals along with the belts should get changed on that service if it hasnt been done then take it back to ppl and say you didint do the right job and get them to do it,

other than that get a water pressure test to see if it is headgasket, i did on mien and was all good, and a cylinder compression test which i going to do that next

Edited by BRUNSKIGTST

Put it up on my mechanic friends hoist the other night and he confirmed it is either the cam or crank seal. Decided not to bother fixing as I've got a s2 rb25det to go in soon. Thanks for the help tho mates