SAU Community

Gtr 34 Rear Diffusers

Rizzz

Hi Everyone. :action-smiley-069:

Just wondering if their is any interest for Custom Aluminium rear diffusers for r34 GTRs.

I've gone through the whole process as im sure many of you have.

I have looked everywhere yahoo auction on SAU and can find any OEM rear Diffusers they're either to expensive 2k+ or they have been scooped up by a lucky member that was first in line.

So ive decided to make my own Rear diffuser out of aluminium. The Material thickness will be 2.5mm thick and the plastic fins will also re-made and replaced as alunium units.

The whole unit will be laser cut and hopefully be the same weight as the OEM one. Ive done away with the centre scoop as the wing provides enough down force and im hoping to achieve better air flow under the vehicle.

Ill be posting pics in a few days of the final Result :no:

Ross

The first Concept one will obviously be alot more expensive because of the labour involved and all the CAD design but the Suppliers have Quoted around the $900.00 mark new including fins.Terry the Diffuser on my Gtr is cracked and that why i would like to get rid of it the plasic fins and Discolouring of the Carbon fibre Clear Coat isn't esthetically pleasing to me. Think brushed aluminium Would Suit!

Im keen to see your results for this. I created an autocad drawing a couple of months ago to do just this, after seeing what was done on the powertune GTRB28 car.

I took a little inspration from the ARC ones as well to make it a little more racey looking. Should be interesting to see what yours turns out like.

Sorry to hijack the thread....

I received my new diffuser on Friday - pics below, cost me in total $2,100.00. The item itself was $1,200.00 and customs crap / GST etc was $881.00!!! Took just over 6 weeks from order to pickup. Dealing with shipping companies was a major pain in the ass!

http://www.ioffer.co...board-202858506

stone_carbon_3.jpg

stone_carbon_4.jpg

stone_carbon_5.jpg

stone_carbon_6.jpg

stone_carbon_7.jpg

Edited by 32godzilla

Anthony - fit was spot on, to the millimetre. I think it's a little thinner than the OEM one though, I'll check it against someone elses when we catch up next. But overall very happy.

Anthony - fit was spot on, to the millimetre. I think it's a little thinner than the OEM one though, I'll check it against someone elses when we catch up next. But overall very happy.

Greatly appreciated mate.

Ps your car looks great, mnp is the color I wanted ha

Looks exactly the same as on my 1st R34 GTR

Yes the C/F is a fraction thinner - but not at all flimsy.

Peter of Bodyformaero had the diff bracket made up for me, because the kit didn't include that.

• 2 weeks later...

Making a front to back verson for gtt in carbon with quick release fasteners around parts that need serviced and jack points

and kevlar in strike points in front and rear so they wont crack , tested with ballpeen hammer not even a spiderweb on the clear

And of course vents for things that need it

and some other carbon kevlar goodness

Just saying

• 1 month later...

Different subframe on the gtt, so they apparently don't fit straight up. I'm not sure what modifications would need to be done to fit.

Mine is currently off my car if you want to check

Edited by wedge_r34gtr