SAU Community

Parking Ticket At Car Wash?!

adis

I was driving past the petrol station about a week ago and I saw like 3 unmarked police cars coming out I think they just finished handing out defects/fines to all the people at the carwash. I thought damn! thats a lot of cops in such a small area. Lucky i was driving my bmw. Long story short, I think they're concentrating on that particular BP because there's also that kebab shop and people just loiter there at night.

There is normally about 6 tmu cars just tasked to be around that area on a Friday night. Any and Every avenue to stop the gatherings on a friday night in that area are being tried.

^^ Feck me.. im sure glad i dont live in victoria.

Well said :yes: I feel as though they are interferring and harrassing too much with people's daily lives. I can just imagine people with 'V' masks taking to the streets as this sh*ts bound to backfire sooner or later when people realize their freedom is being chipped away. Before you weren't safe on the roads and now carwash??? What's next, your own driveway?

All the signs in that area and parking enforcement is due to the ongoing behavior there during those times. I know that there are at least 20 people ringing up 000 to complain about "hoon" driving in that area every friday night.

The signs are not just a random thing in a random area. This has been put together due to public complaints and information gathering over long period of time and all avenues to stop the gatherings in that area are being looked at. Parking fines, council by law fines, etc.

I have worked on operations targeting Prices Highway and there were 12 cars impounded in one shift along there. That sort of behavior is unacceptable on a main public road. In regards to "hoon" impound laws I am happy that they have finally included Drink driving matters and Unlicensed driving matters.

All the signs in that area and parking enforcement is due to the ongoing behavior there during those times. I know that there are at least 20 people ringing up 000 to complain about "hoon" driving in that area every friday night.

The signs are not just a random thing in a random area. This has been put together due to public complaints and information gathering over long period of time and all avenues to stop the gatherings in that area are being looked at. Parking fines, council by law fines, etc.

I have worked on operations targeting Prices Highway and there were 12 cars impounded in one shift along there. That sort of behavior is unacceptable on a main public road. In regards to "hoon" impound laws I am happy that they have finally included Drink driving matters and Unlicensed driving matters.

Cool story.

Im in a honda accord passing by going to see my girlfriend, decided to clean my car so my misses doesnt whinge, and get cought up in this bullshit? What did i do wrong? :/

People ringing 000 over cars? Farkin.

Nothing better to complain about? Perhaps they should come down and stay in Dandenong for a night. lol.

They should be fined for wasting resources by ringing 000 with no emergency imo.

Nothing better to complain about? Perhaps they should come down and stay in Dandenong for a night. lol.

They should be fined for wasting resources by ringing 000 with no emergency imo.

Bloody oath, people think their problems should be A1 top of the list. My paramedic friend gets called out to so many bullshit calls, people with coughs and indigestion etc. it's a joke. I didn't even call 000 when we had fisticuffs at work, I thought it was only for life threatening shit. Phoned the local police station a couple of km away and they told me to call 000?

Calling 000 for police is the only way to get job given to unit to attend. If you call local station and they take the details of job, then we call 000 on your behalf to get job created and given to unit to attend.

I personally wouldn't call 000 about car doing burnout etc, neighbor having party but people do. I know all about the jobs the paramedics deal with as my wife is one.

Article doesn't specifically relate to carwashes - http://blogs.news.co..._parking_fines/

It's the same story for the CARe carparks which are private and have no association with council. I park in them only for short periods because it is private property and they do have the right to tow you if they want though it would be unlikely.

this.

on a cruise back from mt buller 2 years ago we were pulled over by the local police near marysville as 000 was called.

we were not speeding, or doing ANYTHING wrong, it was simply 8 import cars driving in a line.