SAU Community

what to look for when buying my 180sx?

Dragon18

Hay guys iam either importing or buying a 180sx

iam looking at a 94 type x white proberly with good exhuast good aftermark suspension and lsd if poosible =)

a good car with not to many km on it =) about no more than 90,000

iam willing to spend 17 k on road.

now i will proberly be importing one with craig but while iam saving iam just looking around here to see if i can find somthing special hehehe

i just wanted to kno when looking to buy a 180sx what should i look for e.g things that can go wrong or things in the engine like turbo etc.

how can u basically tell if its a good car. =0

if i do buy one from here i will be bringin my mate he a performace mechinc so he knows also but what about body wise i herd afew poeple say ohh what happends if chacsi bent etc

how can u find these things by just looking at a car =)

hope you guys can help me =)

and if you know any one who is selling em for a good price let me know hehe =)

Thanks =)(

get the champagne colour man its truely sex!! :)

for 17k u should be able to get one with some nice mods on it... i was going to bring in a 94 Type-X which was going to cost me 12k inc everything but rego... it had a few nice little mods but nothing too drastic... for 14k landed and complied i could have had one with lots of mods and a nice kit.

im sure that by using craig u will be able to rest assured it isnt going to be a lemon and if it is he will be able to look after u.

A piece of equipment used to aline the chassis rails after a nasty hit.

It is possible to confuse marks with some type of marks left by normal jacks.

If you see little divot type marks all the way along the chassis rail it probably a better chance then not a chassis straightener. ouch!

They use it also to check the chassis aswell, so it might not of been "pulled" back into true if you see them...

most 180s are pretty old... check for rust... crimp marks are a very important pointers for ex drift cars. Also spot welds on the panel interior (best ones to check are the guards front n rear)

SR20DET is absolute class... mine was a CA18DET which is slightly tamer and older... still managed to get near 160 rwkw after a bit of engine tweaking and modifying.

If you find one that looks like its had brace pads on the interior it means its had a hard life as a drifter.

If you can try n get one that has full logs or a service history at least.

Stay clear of Sil80s and onevia's most of them are trashed.

most of the controls ont he interior are on stalks n stuff, make sure they're not broken coz the controls can be a bitch to hunt down (from experience)

Check the axle's for stress fractures etc.

Check firewall to see if there's any dents etc, if there are it usually means the car's been in a pretty bad chassis damaging accident.

Other than that they are usually prone to bodgy audio installs by their owners with faulty or loose wiring (not critical thing to look out for).

Everyone's gettin a 180 these days, I'm regrettin havin sold mine now... :D Had the strawberry face kit n all