SAU Community

Duel Fuel Setup For Economy And Power, Anyone Else Thought Of Doing This?

......everything has to flow through the rail back to the tank unless you're running some sort of dead head system......

Precicely.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok manifold vacumn would make sense... :)

So is this 3/8 solenoid is on each end of the rail (inlet/outlet), or just on the return with twin entry rail still?

yeah Im still not convinced fuel sharing a common rail at WOT is a good idea, i know fuel travels pretty damn fast under the pressure its at, so as these solenoids switch, one fuel will push the other out very quickly. But in saying that, I imagine you could gain a few thousand revs at least, in the time this took to happen..Even a momentry hiccup could be detrimental..really you would want some sort of octane sensor in the rail to be safe..

However a twin rail system each with its own dedicated tank/lines that switches to secondary injectors and maps at desired point I think would be much safer.

Although it is somewhat more complex in design it would be much simpler in setup and usage..

I'm thinking I would just have the secondary tank setup with an arming switch as well so it wasnt always primed on start, gives you a safety net for rainy days etc...or if the tank runs empty before your primary tank.

I'm actually quite warming to this^^^ idea .. though with 2 e85 outlets within a km of my house I know which path I'll be taking ;)

......everything has to flow through the rail back to the tank unless you're running some sort of dead head system......

Just set it up like a rotor primary and secondary rails but drop the primary out during transition... easy.

Two tanks and lines etc