SAU Community

Adelaide V35/m35 Meet Up Sunday Aug 5Th

i was planning on making a table booking... depends now on where people want to sit

i personally wont be ordering indian food, thought this place was just a pub type place

updated list

Deep Dish V35

Nightcrawler

Bigkevracer

Vimana x 2

Yee-Haa 1 to 3 ppl

RoF

Glo

Runner4Life

Edited by Deep Dish V35

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could come as Ryan's back up :)

Could? Should!

I've been there a bunch of times and never had an issue. Were you in the Indian restaurant, or in the pub/front bar? I would prefer to eat at one of the booth areas in the front bar (down by the kegs) tbh as I am not a massive Indian fan.

But, where else would you suggest?

The people who refurbed it as the BBC sold it and it went epically downhill. They've bought it back now so hopefully it is as good as it used to be.

I've been there a bunch of times and never had an issue. Were you in the Indian restaurant, or in the pub/front bar? I would prefer to eat at one of the booth areas in the front bar (down by the kegs) tbh as I am not a massive Indian fan.

But, where else would you suggest?

ah yes, it was the indian part. Steer clear of that section then!

My other thought was to perhaps meet up around 10am, leaving around 10.30am, drive up the nearby popular road through Lobethal and onto Hahndorf, and eat lunch up there somewhere? Should take an hour to get there, right on time for lunch! Id kinda prefer to drive first then eat.

Just a thought...

OK we have locked it in for this Sunday 12pm - we can drool over each other's rides in the carpark, then head in for some lunch. Anyone that wants to go for a cruise after is most welcome to do so.

See you all at the BBC!

the place is going to be quite busy tomorrow

theyre asking a deposit of $10 per head to book a table for this many people, so i suggest people get there just before 12 so we can 1) get a park, and 2) have a chat, then grab a table or choose to drive somewhere better

As I said in my PM, no I haven't booked, but I am pretty sure you can't book the front bar seats where we want to eat - I assume they are referring to the Indian restaurant at the rear.

But yeah I am fine with everyone getting there a bit before 12pm so we can suss it out and if desired head somewhere else.

It was good to see some people, but very poor in the sense that only 5 (edited- duh) out of the rsvp'd 8 cars turned up (and 2 of those didn't even care enough to come on here and let us know). These events simply do not work if people say they are coming and then don't.

Not turning up due to not liking a carpark is pretty piss weak tbh, especially since we had the whole back row against the fence and we parked with bucketloads of room between our cars .... we got a supreme table exactly where I envisaged, and the food was outstanding as expected.

As stated, both of us had/have the flu.

I think a more traditional meet then hills drive ending up some where for food would attract more people in the future.

Hopefully we are not sick for the next one

Yeah the flu sucks Adam - hope you and Krystle get over it quickly!

Yeah the HUGE problem with a cruise is that the organiser of the cruise takes FULL responsibility for EVERYTHING that takes place on the cruise. I know we are not a group of louts, but even if the cops pulled someone over or came to one of the meet spots they would want to speak to who is in charge, check for the appropriate cruise insurance (and yes SAU:SA club cruises have this), etc etc. Sadly it is not as simple as just organising a cruise. Plus if we do it on a weekend afternoon we WILL get a slow car(s) in front of us and you end up doing the most frustrating 60km/h cruise in an 80/100 zone you have ever done. Hence why SAU:SA does dawn cruises, or goes WAY off the beaten track (like our next one in a few weeks is to Victor Harbor and takes some cool roads way out the back of beyond to get to Victor by the long route.)

I'm almost over the flu.... its been a week now but Krystle is still heavily effected and we have a scuba diving weekend booked in for sat/sun.... Runny noises and sneezing don't mix with 20m depths and dive masks

Hey guys. Really sorry about not coming and not letting anyone know. I feel bad as i semi started the idea. I got recalled into work for night shift to deal with some big jobs you would have all seen on the news. Not much i could have done.

You have to sleep during the day on night shift :(

really annoyed i couldn't have come, i was really looking forward to it.

Sorry again all

Plus if we do it on a weekend afternoon we WILL get a slow car(s) in front of us and you end up doing the most frustrating 60km/h cruise in an 80/100 zone you have ever done. Hence why SAU:SA does dawn cruises, or goes WAY off the beaten track (like our next one in a few weeks is to Victor Harbor and takes some cool roads way out the back of beyond to get to Victor by the long route.)

That's why I am most probably giving it a miss. Still have to get home from Victor. And I hate the amount of cars on the road back. See you at the next Dawn cruise.