SAU Community

Hard To Handle Mr30?

Hi

I have a Mr30 with a Rb25det etc R200 diff with a detroit lokka in it and its the hardest car I have owned to keep under control in a slide.

Is it the diff or suspension or just thats what 30s do?

I have replaced all the rubbers in the rear Koni shocks in the rear set near hard. I have a S13 front end to install and coil overs all-round I hope this helps as it feels like the car is out to get me every time I put it in a slide.

Its possible I have just lost my talent but I'm hoping not.

Any advice etc would be appreciated

Steve

Double check your alignment, front and rear.

Detroits have particular drive characteristics. That would be a factor - do you know how they actually work, and what to expect from one as you power on and then modulate the power?

Also how much steering angle is available in a MR30 front end?

If u been driving silvias all ur life then yea bit different. Lol i found mine when i had the 25 in it waz awsome.it loved it. Diff plays a major part so may take a bit of getting used to. Get i low some sway bar upgrades and good w/ a and itl be alot better. They love to skid just need to change how u drive them. Btw with s13 upgrade u will get more lock

• 2 weeks later...

I found when i had mine with the rb20 it was like a lead tipped arrow. very hard to keep balanced and most of the time its ass would swing out way too far.

problem is that the rb is very heavy on the front so you need a good suspension set up to make it handle best.

I had stiff konis and kings in the rear but 90/10's on the front wich was half my problem. perfect for drags and high speed freeway but try and drift it and was

usually 90 degrees+ to the footpath followed by slamming on the brakes.

so the s13 coilover option with a proper spring rate will help you out.